Motivation from other Trader's blogs and P&Ls.

A place to discuss anything.
PeterLe

Hi
The fill/Kill varies enormously from 0.2 right up to 30 secs. I would rec that you dont go below this in streaming as it will fire in multiple bets
Just had a good win at DownR 13:50, as no doubt LinusP will have too :D
(2 traded at 1.01)

Just one tip, when you have multiple rules per horse, you can adjust your stake to identify which rule triggered etc...
Eg Rule 1 may fire in £2.01, Rule 2 £2.02, rule 3 £2.03 etc.
At the end of the day it helps provide clarity on what's working and what isnt..
Regards
Peter
ricardodeano

PeterLe wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 pm
Well Icant beat Peter's result (and no doubt your Betfair account was significantly higher!)
The attached is all automation; I havent clicked a single ladder today
Worth having a play around with the Automation in Betangel, if you are using streaming, test and double test before you let it loose (suggest never backing or laying at the avail price in streaming mode)
Its a powerful piece of kit now betangel :D
Hi Peter - Was this accumulative result just from Cheltenham or all races for the 16th?
HRacing

PeterLe wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:05 pm
Hi
The fill/Kill varies enormously from 0.2 right up to 30 secs. I would rec that you dont go below this in streaming as it will fire in multiple bets
Just had a good win at DownR 13:50, as no doubt LinusP will have too :D
(2 traded at 1.01)

Just one tip, when you have multiple rules per horse, you can adjust your stake to identify which rule triggered etc...
Eg Rule 1 may fire in £2.01, Rule 2 £2.02, rule 3 £2.03 etc.
At the end of the day it helps provide clarity on what's working and what isnt..
Regards
Peter
Peter,

Would it be possible to pm you?

Regards
Euler

Always a bit self-conscious of posting bigger results when I know some people have had a tricky day. But I thought today was interesting, purely because of the above average money at Lingfield. Some big volume today, much bigger than I imagined and you can see that in the results.

14-04-2017 17-34-16 - Copy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ruthlessimon

I think id give both my bollocks, a leg, kidney & some other bits - in exchange for some of that lingfield knowledge :D great trading!
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:10 pm
Always a bit self-conscious of posting bigger results when I know some people have had a tricky day. But I thought today was interesting, purely because of the above average money at Lingfield. Some big volume today, much bigger than I imagined and you can see that in the results.
Very nice work, looks like it was a intresting day - which I took off and sort of wish I had'nt now :)
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:

We were neck and neck until about 2 o'clock.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Don't apologise, Peter - those results are perfect for the novice traders

Why? - it's because you lost money in 3 of the 18 races traded. It shows everyone out there, that even Peter Webb loses money occasionally, so don't beat yourself up when you record a loss, or do anything stupid to chase it. Just accept it, and look at the bigger picture
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:05 am
We were neck and neck until about 2 o'clock.
Seeing this p&l has made me go back & question myself. 16:55 was my biggest winner for weeks - which makes me think my trade was a negative expectancy one :? Gonna have to dive back into the data & find out!
bennyboy351

Euler wrote:

Where would you be if I didn't let you win some of my money, Peter? :D

I notice your big wins come from conditioning stakes - I've been avoiding those and sticking with Handicaps. Maybe I should review that?....... :lol:
ArticalBadboy

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:27 pm
Two rules per horse - four conditions..
then i have a green rule and a switch to this market rule too
Hi Peter, hope you are well.

Can I ask a few questions please?

1. Do you mean you have two rules for selection1, two for selection2 etc, and thus smaller field races you have rules that would never fire?
I am never sure whether to go for a 'lay the field type rule' to have one rule for all horses, or rules for each selection which I assume retain more control (especially if I definitely only want one bet per selection)

2. How many bets are you firing for each market/selection?
I have a working strategy but it uses a lot of bets, and on a busy Saturday's racing, I'm skirting dangerously close to accruing betfair transaction charges!

3. Why have a 'switch to the market rule' if guardian can do that for you without a rule?

Thanks for any advise you can give a noob!
Naffman

There's not usually to many conditions races about, usually 1 a meeting if that but obviously there were a lot of them yesterday at Lingfield.

I don't do maidens or many 2yo races due to the volatility and I don't think anything will get me doing them again haha :)
Euler

On this day in 2012 everything went right on the Aussie racing. I'm guessing some bot owner woke up with a nasty loss!
120428 - AUS - Record day - Copy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader44

guys just to say this am halfway through this thread its very inspiring ,thanks for posting :D
Euler

2017-06-03_16-36-09 - Copy.png
2017-06-03_16-36-00 - Copy.png

Return to “General discussion”