Suggestion - But maybe I'm just being lazy...

Help improve Bet Angel.
98lewisj

Every morning I have to log into various VPS servers, reload the markets in to Guardian and apply rule(s) to said markets. Doesn't sound like hard work but it takes a good 20-30 mins of my morning routine that could be spent doing more productive work. Is there anything planned in future releases to have the option to incorporate this process into the automation rules? Would make my BA side of my (and I would imagine many others) automation fully automated.

Anyone else think this is a good Idea?
EyePeaSea

+1 for that.

I run 4 separate instances of BA and each one has it's own set of consistent steps to setup each morning (e.g. Open Guardian, Open Worksheet called X, load all of todays Quick Picks, etc.) There are easy to use tools to automate some of these functions (SendKeys type stuff), but they struggle with the logic (e.g. Add All events via quick picks and then delete any races that aren't for today).

So I'd definitely like some sort of startup script that could be invoked on the BA command line or something.

Thanks for bringing up this idea.

Ian
LeTiss

It is lazy, but brilliant. I spend a good 30 mins setting Guardian up each day, and invariably with the same markets, so if BA could store my preferences on a settings page and then load them all automatically, that would be pretty cool
jimibt

EyePeaSea wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:40 am
+1 for that.

I run 4 separate instances of BA and each one has it's own set of consistent steps to setup each morning (e.g. Open Guardian, Open Worksheet called X, load all of todays Quick Picks, etc.) There are easy to use tools to automate some of these functions (SendKeys type stuff), but they struggle with the logic (e.g. Add All events via quick picks and then delete any races that aren't for today).

So I'd definitely like some sort of startup script that could be invoked on the BA command line or something.

Thanks for bringing up this idea.

Ian
+1 - just asked for a similar feature, as this is exactly my daily scenario also...
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17445
weemac

EyePeaSea wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:40 am
+1 for that.

I run 4 separate instances of BA and each one has it's own set of consistent steps to setup each morning
I cannot possibly be the only person who feels that having to open multiple instances of BA is in itself a complete nuisance. If there's a race where you want to use Guardian to trade just 3 nominated runners pre-race, trade 3 runners in-running, and use practice mode to measure price movements, you have to open FIVE instances of BA with all the faffing about that entails. This is in no small part due to the limitation of only 2 nominated selections per event per instance of BA. Even just 2 strategies with one runner for each strategy requires the user to use two instances of BA. I can't think of any other software that's so unwieldy at such a basic level. Of course, we have all sorts of new bells (literally) and whistles for which plaudits are due to the BA team, but I do hope that some of these more basic usability issues can now be addressed.

So...... if instances of Guardian could somehow be compartmentalised, or partitioned, within one single instance of BA, or if users could have the option of loading markets in duplicate or triplicate within Guardian, it would make things so much easier.
megarain

+1 to all of it (being lazy) ;) ;)
jimibt

just to clarify, there are TWO seperate requests really here:

1. Allow BA (once up and running) to initiate different guardian tabs - thus allowing multiple strategies per instance
2. Allow BA to be launched with command line parameters that populate the settings and display defaults in the login box

Option #1 i understand would require a significant amount of refactoring.

Option #2 would merely use the command line parameter check, already built into the .net environment, to check for named parameters and then pass those values either into the login box, or if the username and password was also supplied, directly launch into the BA application (bypassing the login box) with all defaults setup and ready to rock...

A phased approach (option #2, follwed by Option #1) would satisfy most of the demand i reckon.
weemac

Yes, jimibt, I didn't mean to hi-jack the OP's request, but if he's using "various VPS servers", presumably he's opening multiple instances of BA, and when EyePeaSea said he opens 4 instances daily, it prompted me to connect the 2 issues and vent my own frustration at the cumbersome process of opening and loading several instances.
jimibt

weemac wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm
Yes, jimibt, I didn't mean to hi-jack the OP's request, but if he's using "various VPS servers", presumably he's opening multiple instances of BA, and when EyePeaSea said he opens 4 instances daily, it prompted me to connect the 2 issues and vent my own frustration at the cumbersome process of opening and loading several instances.
one way or another, would be a huge workflow/productivity boost...
soccersaint

I would welcome a simplified method of loading the same football markets into Guardian ... if I have 20 matches on a sat’day each with 4 markets ... it takes eons to load guardian , create watch lists and attempt to manage everything from 2 monitors. There’s no way I could even consider opening 4 instances of BA for my purposes and hope to avoid a migraine....it is a nightmare scenario....

But in truth that is exactly what I would need to do optimize trading those matches and markets...

Let’s all pray for an upgrade :geek:
Dallas

soccersaint wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49 pm
I would welcome a simplified method of loading the same football markets into Guardian ... if I have 20 matches on a sat’day each with 4 markets ... it takes eons to load guardian
If your loading the same markets all the time you can create and save a search string and do it in a click, soccer markets also have there own unique tab in the market selection window Guardian to allow select the required ones quickly and easily
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13289
soccersaint

I wonder if there is anything in the pipeline to update market menu and market selection process ?

Would it be possible to have Quick pic list 1 and 2

One for horses
One for Football

Alternatively...other sport
Or

How simple would it be to instead of greyhounds in market selection to have Football, with league choice + markets choice ?
I would have thought we have more users interested in Football than the dogs.

Would that be touching to much in the way of software or coding etc ?
ShaunWhite

soccersaint wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 am
How simple would it be to instead of greyhounds in market selection to have Football?

I would have thought we have more users interested in Football than the dogs.
It's a good job BA's a dictatorship and not a democracy. The way you talk you'd want the product re-written to please the 52%, or whatever % it is that would rather see football listed there. :)

I dont think removing functionality is ever a good idea, there's a lot of people who benefit from easy access to those markets, perhaps not a majority of people, but if the majority can't see the advantages, then it would be a shame to spoil things for the informed minority that do.

btw RiP Geoffery Hayes, he'll be deeply missed by the Brexit committee.

Joking/analogy aside, can't you just set up some custom searches? A list of league and market choices would take pages and pages of options.
soccersaint

Not suggesting removing any functionality ... just perhaps a suggesting how we can make a good product in guardian a great product for all....

If guardian was a stand alone product then the market menu and market selection for all sports is the one area most users would like to see updated.

The market search and load into guardian for football matches and multiple markets is perhaps one area that always creates lots of questions.

How can it be made easier,quicker and simpler without the need for search strings ?
Is multiple quick pic lists the answer or even possible ?

If you don’t use guardian as your main platform or tool for trading then I guess it’s not an issue,

That was really my question,
soccersaint

Not sure if BA users are aware of a similar product called (other software) ?

Anyway, it doesn’t have guardian but what it does have is a platform which can have 20 matches open each with a tab within its platform and then it has in essence a quick pick list on each tab for those matches markets.

Pretty cool, only downside is the spawned tabs for each match have to be kept within the platform and can’t be undocked. Also it looks rather dated and can become quite confusing.

BA has watch lists in much the same way but again a downside is you can’t place a trade direct from a watch list and you would need 20 watch lists one for each game and their markets. Monitor real estate mayhem :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Again it’s a suggestion that is not going to have a major impact on your trading bottom line so it may not become valid....but a few enhancements in market loading to guardian could be welcome by many users.
Last edited by soccersaint on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Suggestions”