Horse number and Race Timer

Help improve Bet Angel.
cmonteiro

Hi, I would like to make a suggestion related to Horse Racing: Why Betangel does not have the number of the horse next to the equipment in the ladder as well as the number of the starting cage. This information is extremely important.

Another useful tool is the time bar that changes color according to the time of the race, so it is possible to know quickly which stage of the race you are in.

Any predictions are going to implement these improvements?
Dallas

You can fully edit what's shown on the ladder screen and where its shown with the latest version of Bet Angel
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=17234

Below I've added just the saddle and stall numbers

Ladder.JPG

Until there is real-time GPS tracking and it gets fed through to Betfair there is no accurate way to show the status of a race, all race timers are doing is showing the estimated race time based on the average times of previous races from that course and distance - and these can vary widely race to race.
You're much better watching the race with delayed pictures than basing your decisions on an estimated timer bar counting down
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cmonteiro

Thanks for the help, it is very important to have the number of the box in the ladder, however having the number of the horse next to the horse in the menus of choice of the horse is essential, sometimes in the stream the equipment is not well understood and when I see the number of the horse I want to select in the ladder and I can not, I have to see the one in the inplay trader, it would be great to have the number in the pick menu right next to the horse.

Regarding the race timer I understand that a bar is just an estimate but it really comes close to reality, for me it was of high power as well as for many people I know, the Geeks have had this functionality for years and sincerely after the last upgrades race timer is the only thing the Geeks have and Betangel does not.
PDC

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:48 am
Until there is real-time GPS tracking and it gets fed through to Betfair there is no accurate way to show the status of a race, all race timers are doing is showing the estimated race time based on the average times of previous races from that course and distance - and these can vary widely race to race.
You're much better watching the race with delayed pictures than basing your decisions on an estimated timer bar counting down
I guess it depends on how you trade, for me I find the bar extremely useful.

I do have pictures or rather sound on for the commentary but it can often be difficult to know how much of the race has gone as the commentators don't often say or may say there is 5 left to jump but that could mean very little distance or a lot depending on the course. Also when you have just solely been focusing on the ladders having a quick reference point on the bar is very handy, even though it is estimated it is invaluable to me.

Also for some people, pictures are not always available and so rely upon it.
cmonteiro wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:15 pm
Regarding the race timer I understand that a bar is just an estimate but it really comes close to reality, for me it was of high power
+1

Return to “Suggestions”