Colours, again

Help improve Bet Angel.
ShaunWhite

If you do decide to allow the colours to be changed, can I make a suggestion.

Rather than endless lists of things to change, this heading, that heading, box 1, box 2 etc (which is a massive pita to code and to maintain), how about just showing the colour palette you've used (what is there about 12?) and allowing each one to be changed. Everywhere that colour is used changes.

You'd retain your overall look but we could dial down some of the colours, especially the dominant blues which make sleeping even harder when trading can be 247. BA would look about 15 years newer too and boost it's shelf appeal.

A new form, 12 colour selector controls, a quick find and replace on your palette colour codes to user colour codes. Job almost done. Doing the colours that way I think you could get the dev cost down to a couple of days vs a couple of weeks for doing a UI that allows every tiny element to be tweaked seperately. And I think it's a better solution all round?

...the back and lay boxes would probably need to be a different palette colour so you could change the headings etc but leave them blue/pink, assuming it's not already a slightly different shade, I can't tell.
Dabbla

It’s a good idea you could have a day and night pallet.
The problem I find at the moment is you can’t change the text colour.
ShaunWhite

Nighttime green.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CallumPerry

+1. Good idea for running different instances of BA for different strategies.
george

hi , that looks nice, but how did you manage to change the colour of the template from the standard blue to grey/ green i couldnt find the option to do that

thanks in advance
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:17 am
You'd retain your overall look but we could dial down some of the colours, especially the dominant blues which make sleeping even harder when trading can be 247.
For those suffering from eye strain and similar issues from staring at bright screens for extended periods I suggest to use f.lux, it's a life changer and makes screens incredibly comfortable. You can easily adjust the settings however you like, I prefer mine at 3600k at all times. I've had zero eye strain issues for probably the past 10 years, all thanks to f.lux.

Screenshot example below.

Good idea btw, a lot of software nowadays in general offer alternative darker skins/themes/modes for those that prefer it.
george

thats a good suggestion it will help people with migraines from staring at bright monitors many hours a day ,

also there are some glasses that block blue light i bought them few months ago, i still get headaches but not so often like before i think they help me a bit
ShaunWhite

george wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:17 am
hi , that looks nice, but how did you manage to change the colour of the template from the standard blue to grey/ green i couldnt find the option to do that
You can't do it, I mocked it up as an example by adjusting the colour palette in Gimp (a free image manifulation program)

kai, that's interesting I'll take a look at that, I usually just use the low blue feature on my Dells.
eightbo

Kai wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:52 pm
For those suffering from eye strain and similar issues from staring at bright screens for extended periods I suggest to use f.lux, it's a life changer and makes screens incredibly comfortable. You can easily adjust the settings however you like, I prefer mine at 3600k at all times. I've had zero eye strain issues for probably the past 10 years, all thanks to f.lux.

Good idea btw, a lot of software nowadays in general offer alternative darker skins/themes/modes for those that prefer it.
nice lightweight bit of kit this f.lux, i've hopped aboard the bandwagon.
cheers kai from the past !

Return to “Suggestions”