Automatic Reloading of Markets

Help improve Bet Angel.
firlandsfarm

The Coupon facility in 1.52 is a great step forward and as more people go the VPS route can we take the next step of having a facility to automatically upload new markets into the Coupon and add to the Guardian Markets List. Just at home I'm finding I'm missing some markets (I use all UK, IRE, USA and AUS markets, horses and dogs) because I can't always get the opportunity to manually add the new markets. It would make BA a truly 24/7 BOT.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:24 am
can we take the next step of having a facility to automatically upload new markets into the Coupon and add to the Guardian Markets List.
With a Coupon configured to pick just the markets you require, and the new keyboard shortcuts in this build, you can fully setup a day's trading with a single keystroke. It's a very useful dead man's handle that you are required to press that key once per day to reactivate your Automation. You can remotely connect to a VPS via a smartphone to do this if required.

I guess you could always run a script on a VPS to automate that keystroke press once per day, but personally I'd feel happier knowing that my server will stop taking risk after 24hrs if something unexpected happened and I woke up in hospital!

To automate from a single keyboard shortcut, setup as per this screenshot (all assigned to the same keystroke).
The first action of setting to < no Coupon > is there so that the markets are freshly loaded when the Coupon returns to the one you want to use for the day (in the second action)
keystrokes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:34 am
It's a very useful dead man's handle that you are required to press that key once per day to reactivate your Automation. You can remotely connect to a VPS via a smartphone to do this if required.

I guess you could always run a script on a VPS to automate that keystroke press once per day, but personally I'd feel happier knowing that my server will stop taking risk after 24hrs if something unexpected happened and I woke up in hospital!

To automate from a single keyboard shortcut, setup as per this screenshot (all assigned to the same keystroke).
The first action of setting to < no Coupon > is there so that the markets are freshly loaded when the Coupon returns to the one you want to use for the day (in the second action)
Thanks for the reply guys but I didn't realise the Nanny State had reached BA. I appreciate your concerns but I don't need a nanny to look after me. I'm over 18 and free … it's for me to decide what risks I want to take. As all users are adults why can't we be allowed to make our own decisions? Being able to use a smartphone is of no use if the smartphone is not receiving a signal which because I sail a lot is often. I have seen other users mention this lack of facility. :(
firlandsfarm

Euler wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:09 pm
Why don't the exchange have a managed and unmanaged market and let people take their own risk. Markets are great at sorting out there own problems.
The actual topic this quote is from in not related but I thought the message about people "taking their own risk" is relevant! :)
jamesedwards

Hi all, another reason why automatic uploading of markets and application of guardian automation would be useful is the importance of getting the unmatched positions live as soon as possible. eg if you were doing a rule that laid everything at 2.0 and then backed at 2.02 then the earlier you can get the 2.0 matched the better. Therefore the quicker one was to get the 2.0 lay offer into the market the earlier you are in the queue and the more likely you are to turn a profit.

Return to “Suggestions”