one-click screen - trigger on mouse click down option?

Help improve Bet Angel.
jamesedwards

Hi, I notice on the one-click screen the requested action does not trigger on the downwards press of mouse button, but on the release of the mouse button. Is there anyway an option could be added for this to be changed so that the trade is triggered on the downward press? I estimate this would improve speed of trading by 1/10th to 1/20th of a second.
Dallas

The biggest loss of time comes from your own reaction, test it here and if you can consistently hit a decent speed
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
jamesedwards

Thanks for the link. I do understand reaction time is the majority of delay, but whatever my reaction speed my trades would be quicker if the trade was triggered on downward press rather than upwards release.
ShaunWhite

That's std in many trading systems, It gives you the opportunity to not perform an action if you misplace your click. You can simply move away before the release and no harm is done. I'm not sure if this is intentional in BA but it seems sensible. It's certainly more useful than saving a few ms. I can't be the only one that occasionally suffers from 'heavy finger' ; there you are poised, you're tired or it's late, nothing much is happening so you relax and... CLICK. Fck. Maybe that's just me.
ShaunWhite

As an aside being fastest isn't always the path to bigger profits. Plenty of people make good money on the hasty actions of others.

But if you wanted to speed things up then you could always click first and then only release when you want to place your bet? Like a pre-selector on a transmission.
jamesedwards

Yes I guessed it works well as a safety net. But I would be interested in there being an option to change it if it was possible.
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:43 pm
The biggest loss of time comes from your own reaction, test it here and if you can consistently hit a decent speed
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
That told me I'm too slow (old!) to trade. :( I'll stick with automation :)

Return to “Suggestions”