Settings file(s) - consolidation

Help improve Bet Angel.
jimibt

'Ello, 'Ello,

Got a small suggestion to bring the settings files up to the 21st century :D Presently, any settings that are created are split into distinct files with names such as:

Jim Template.afccfg
Jim Template.bfccfg
Jim Template.chtcfg
Jim Template.ldcfg
Jim Template.............. etc

I would like to suggest that on a rainy wednesday afternoon, the layout of these be restructured and consolidated into a single json file. This may or may not make life easier for testing purposes up at BAHQ also. for me, it means a far simpler way to distribute changes to some 3rd party individuals that i work with and also would allow me to version a single instance of the file. as it stands, i have to version all 9 files that are in the settings set...

pretty please?? ;)
jimibt

jimibt wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:42 am
'Ello, 'Ello,

Got a small suggestion to bring the settings files up to the 21st century :D Presently, any settings that are created are split into distinct files with names such as:

Jim Template.afccfg
Jim Template.bfccfg
Jim Template.chtcfg
Jim Template.ldcfg
Jim Template.............. etc

I would like to suggest that on a rainy wednesday afternoon, the layout of these be restructured and consolidated into a single json file. This may or may not make life easier for testing purposes up at BAHQ also. for me, it means a far simpler way to distribute changes to some 3rd party individuals that i work with and also would allow me to version a single instance of the file. as it stands, i have to version all 9 files that are in the settings set...

pretty please?? ;)
well, don't know how it's looking down in BAHQ, but it's quite likely to rain here this afternoon (what with it being wednesday -;) ;))

Return to “Suggestions”