Flagging the Market Winner(s) in the P&L Report

Help improve Bet Angel.
firlandsfarm

A "Winner flag" would be a great advantage when reviewing the various reports produced by BA rather than wade through various websites to find the result of each market or do a match-up with the Betfair SP file that's not available until the next day. Could the winner be flagged in the Export P&L File automation command if known when the rule is triggered.
sa7med

How about setting a stored value for the runner thats gets matched at 1.01 inplay. That's usually the winner.
firlandsfarm

sa7med wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:25 am
How about setting a stored value for the runner thats gets matched at 1.01 inplay. That's usually the winner.
I agree "usually" but not always. And can I get an extract of the stored values, I'm not aware of how to do so. In which case it's not really a solution as I will need to sit down and read which runner the stored value is against and manually note it in the spreadsheet … that's what I would want to avoid, it's very time consuming.
sa7med

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:39 pm
sa7med wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:25 am
I agree "usually" but not always. And can I get an extract of the stored values, I'm not aware of how to do so. In which case it's not really a solution as I will need to sit down and read which runner the stored value is against and manually note it in the spreadsheet … that's what I would want to avoid, it's very time consuming.
If you tick "show in market logs" then the stored value will save in there. You can use some simple code to extract it where you want.
firlandsfarm

sa7med wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:11 pm
If you tick "show in market logs" then the stored value will save in there. You can use some simple code to extract it where you want.
OK, I didn't realise it would show in the Log CSV and yeah I can extract it from there but what a palaver just to find who won a race. DOS copy all the log files into one file, import that file into a worksheet, copy it into the market closure report workbook, run the look-ups to merge the result with the P&L for the runner! I just feel it should be a fundamental part of a P&L extract.
sa7med

or might be easier to scrape timeform :D
firlandsfarm

sa7med wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:38 pm
or might be easier to scrape timeform :D
It might be, if you know how to set up and match scraped data into Excel … I don't :( And what about Greyhounds, USA, AUS, RSA etc. That's an awful lot of scrapes!

sa7med, all your suggestions are workable in the right hands and I thank you for them but I will still put my suggestion forward. I guess the majority of BA users possibly don't know how to consolidate multiple CSV files into one let alone build a real time scrape and match in Excel. This is a suggestion to improve BA, make it more useable and more user friendly. Yes there are workarounds but a workaround is defined by Oxford dictionaries as "a method for overcoming a problem or limitation in a program or system". It must be so much easier for it to be incorporated into BA than have people keep thinking of and constructing workarounds. :)
Euler

I mark the last runner to trade at 1.01 to lay and it catches pretty much all winners apart from where there is a stewards typically.
firlandsfarm

Euler wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:00 am
I mark the last runner to trade at 1.01 to lay and it catches pretty much all winners apart from where there is a stewards typically.
Thanks Euler but that only works where there is in-running betting … there are many markets that close at the off. All greyhounds, some place markets ...
Euler

There is no easy way to do that without a resulting service. But one way you could achieve it is to place a 1p bet on all selections and that would report the winner which you can link up in arrears. Messy, but possible.
firlandsfarm

Euler wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:29 pm
There is no easy way to do that without a resulting service. But one way you could achieve it is to place a 1p bet on all selections and that would report the winner which you can link up in arrears. Messy, but possible.
OK and thanks for explaining the need for a results service … in my ignorance I assumed Betfair provided that info through their API as they show the winner on the market screen after the finish but if they don't I can understand the problem. Maybe 1p bets is a way to do it so long as Betfair don't get pissed off!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:23 pm
I assumed Betfair provided that info through their API
There is a Winner indicator on the API - it used to be too slow to update to be useful in the P&L report, but we'll test it again to see if we can make use of it in a future version.
firlandsfarm

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:10 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:23 pm
I assumed Betfair provided that info through their API
There is a Winner indicator on the API - it used to be too slow to update to be useful in the P&L report, but we'll test it again to see if we can make use of it in a future version.
Thanks … again I assumed it would be the same as on the market screen when it gets cleared and the winner and their odds are shown

Return to “Suggestions”