Betfair problems warning

Help improve Bet Angel.
buyshirts

In light of the ongoing problem betfair is having it would be handy if you could incorporate a warning pop up.
This could be triggered if a number of active users click a button say in the global settings area to report they are having a problem without it being to specific once a certain amount of problem were reported a message could go out. Alternatively some "super users" could be the ones to doing the reporting and then a message be triggered.
I do understand you don't want add features for stuff that is negative and shouldn't really happen this could say people 1000's and a lot of aggro as well.
Dallas

Set up an email notification from the BF down thread, you'll get an email notification appear in your taskbar or bottom of your screen the instant a new post is made

Not all posts will mean an actual problem but its still a good way to get an early warning
buyshirts

Yeah but as you said not all posts are relevant.
Just thought it wouldn't be hard to implement and would be helpful

regards
Derek27

I think a software implementation would have the same problem. People with internet connection problems may falsely report a problem and the question is where do you set the bar regarding number of people to activate a warning? Set it too high and it would be quicker looking at the down thread.
Last edited by Derek27 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
buyshirts

As i said you could have Super users so Eluer, Dallas etc this is only a warning and people could heed it or not.
ShaunWhite

I'm not sure being told how someone else's system is working would be the best way, issues could be localised.

My system contacts me in the event of various issues, obviously with settings for what services to monitor, and what level of delay to tollerate, what error frequency is considered a breach (as occassional false negatives are pain too), and several other things. And when it's not peformed any live trades within a given amount of time, it goes into a monitoring mode that performs market requests, bet submissions and bet cancellations in one of the long term markets periodically, to ensure that sevices are fine should it need to spring into life.

I just thought that being so reliant on a flakey 3rd party service and needing to run things unattended 247365, it would be wise to have an awareness of the health of the environment. It's not flawless but it's a bit more robust than just assuming all is well and steaming on regardless. Like the LAPD, software should protect as well as serve, especially when it's entrusted with 1000s of pounds of your hard earned cash.
Derek27

buyshirts wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:21 pm
As i said you could have Super users so Eluer, Dallas etc this is only a warning and people could heed it or not.
Euler and Dallas don't trade round the clock. Eightbo and I would probably provide near 24 hour coverage. ;)
stueytrader

Very sad state of affairs when this becomes a Betangel software suggestion. :cry:

Ridiculous really.
PDC

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:32 pm
Set up an email notification from the BF down thread, you'll get an email notification appear in your taskbar or bottom of your screen the instant a new post is made

Not all posts will mean an actual problem but its still a good way to get an early warning
This is what I use and find to work well. There was an issue recently where I was the only one to post about it I think, and I know other times where others pick up on issues and may be the only one to post.

The one thing I would add that I also find very useful is to have a column on my Tweetdeck screen that pulls in any tweets that mention the words Betfair issues.

Return to “Suggestions”