Custom keyboard shortcuts to BA functions

Help improve Bet Angel.
JacoboPolavieja

I know similar topics have been raised some times... but I'll explain my idea which I think is a little bit different concept.

I've thought, or at least would be useful to me, that it would be great if we had a section on the preferences where we could map a shortcut to stablished BetAngel functions.

For example, we could have:
Cancell all current Back bets in current ladder: 'Z'
Cancel all current Lay bets in current ladder: 'X'
Close current position in current ladder: 'C'
Close current position in all ladders: 'Control+C' (this is something I'm looking for :D).

Basically to be able to ahve a list of BA functions and be able to stablish a personal shortcut to them. In the like of what some Linux desktops do:

I know you've been working hard in the background in "key" related things... This is just a thought.

Thanks! Cheers!
switesh

Could I kindly request a few more keyboard shortcuts for the following please: (it would be handy to allow users to assign the shortcut keys they prefer)
  • Take SP all
  • Green selection
  • Green All
  • Cancel Most Recent Unmatched Bet, but leave the other unmatched bets intact (if possible)
  • Toggle between different stakes e.g. the keys 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 could toggle between different preset stakes and net stake
Thanks.
Last edited by switesh on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
to75ne

you could probably do all of the above using a autohotkeys script.
switesh

switesh wrote:Could I kindly request a few more keyboard shortcuts for the following please: (it would be handy to allow users to assign the shortcut keys they prefer)
  • Take SP all
  • Green All
Thanks.
Sorry for repeating my request, but I really need these custom keyboard shortcuts. It makes the difference between a really good profit and getting caught in-play for me.
Euler

I quite like keyboard short cuts so I'm happy to push a bit if we have some sensible requests.
K1mer0

yes i would like 2...for me the great keyboard shortcuts is diferent keys for diferent stacks or key up/down to select diferent stacks...

yes i know that we can use macros, but its not the same, since now we can have 2 or more ladders open:)

cheers,
switesh

switesh wrote:
switesh wrote:Could I kindly request a few more keyboard shortcuts for the following please: (it would be handy to allow users to assign the shortcut keys they prefer)
  • Take SP all
Thanks.
Sorry for repeating my request, but I really need these custom keyboard shortcuts. It makes the difference between a really good profit and getting caught in-play for me.
andyfuller

May I suggest this piece of kit for using when trading:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ07-0049 ... lkin+n52te

You can 'map' keys and macros onto each key. It makes things so much quicker. Not particularly cheap to buy but when I was trading it paid for itself many many times over.

I used to use Auto Hot Key, there should be a thread on the forum from many moons ago I started when I first discovered AHK via BBC Click.

I then got the idea for the Belkin unit from a picture Peter had of his setup once on his blog, I spotted an odd piece of equipment I had not seen before and asked him about it and it was an older version of the one in the link above from memory.

It is worth exploring the gaming world, where the Belkin unit is designed for use, for other useful pieces of kit that serious gamers use to get the smallest of edges.
andyfuller

Euler wrote:I quite like keyboard short cuts so I'm happy to push a bit if we have some sensible requests.
I know it is an old thread (2009, brought back up in 2013) but did any thing ever get added?

The manual just says there are 5?
""Z – Cancel unmatched bets in left column
X – Cancel unmatched bets in right column
C – Close position at current available price
Space bar – Select ‘Net stake’ to make available for use with the next mouse click
Return/Enter - Re-centre ladders to last traded price
Is that all there is still?
Euler

Nobody really showed that much interest, but it's easy to do.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:Nobody really showed that much interest, but it's easy to do.
Never really saw the point in hot keys - by the time I've found the right key, I could have achieved the same thing quicker with a click of the mouse
gutuami

andyfuller wrote:
Euler wrote:I quite like keyboard short cuts so I'm happy to push a bit if we have some sensible requests.
I know it is an old thread (2009, brought back up in 2013) but did any thing ever get added?

The manual just says there are 5?
""Z – Cancel unmatched bets in left column
X – Cancel unmatched bets in right column
C – Close position at current available price
Space bar – Select ‘Net stake’ to make available for use with the next mouse click
Return/Enter - Re-centre ladders to last traded price
Is that all there is still?
there's also S which selects standard stake

and I would like more to be added. For example for preset stakes and profiles.
andyfuller

It would be great to see it implemented if it is easy to do then. I have several suggestions I could put together for you, should I post them here?

I am surprised you yourself do not find a need for them Peter.?
LeTiss 4pm wrote:Never really saw the point in hot keys - by the time I've found the right key, I could have achieved the same thing quicker with a click of the mouse
I can guarantee you that with the correct equipment a hot key will beat you every single time!
gutuami wrote:
There's also S which selects standard stake

and I would like more to be added. For example for preset stakes and profiles.
Thanks - I didn't know about the S one.

+1 for preset stakes or a version of it.
andrejt

andyfuller wrote: +1 for preset stakes or a version of it.
+1
andyfuller

Did anything ever get put in Peter? I haven't seen anything unless I missed it.

I am surprised you don't find the need for them with your gaming pad?

This missing is the only thing that is stopping me from using Bet Angel for Betdaq.

Return to “Suggestions”