question from italian users

giulio2010

Hi all, I hope you are all well.
I am currently running a private forum in Italy and have been asked a few questions which I was unable to give a fair answear. I dont remember if we have ever discussed this issue here so If you did not mind, I would like to raise the questions here.
Thank you in advance.
Some users are having some trouble to understand why betfair.com has on average of 40 times the money matched compare to betfair.it but the amount of money waiting in queue, quite often, are the same on .com and .it .
A few users have tryed to take the money waiting in the queue from back side or lay side but the moment they click confirm bets, the money dissapear. It happens on regular basis. People have complained about this but they recieved the usual answear. Betfair only take 5% commission and it's not involved in the market and other bla bla bla....
Now the problem as far as I understood is not that betfair is involved in the market. There are heavy players which are really looking to match those amount but the money keep dissapearing when they click confirm.
My best advice was to record a video and make a formal complain to betfair.it and to the betting watchdog, if there is any...
All advices are welcome...
Euler

If you can get a video of it, I'd be really interested in looking at it.
giulio2010

I will do..thanks.
Euler

I'm pretty sure on a conference call betfair said that they would actively be looking to get people to see the market. But on what terms that is and how that is achieved I have no idea.
giulio2010

Hi Euler, I had a go my self on betfair.it, I did not manage to take a video because it was fast and needed to react quickly. However I took a screenshot.
Urawa Red Diamond was around 1.13 as it was 1-0 up.
I was watching the live game and saw the team struggling to score the second goal so I thought to lay the home win.
As soon I clicked confirm, the money on 1,13 dissapeared, than I tryed 1,14 and money dissapeared again as soon i clicked confirm. There was 2800 waiting on 1,13 when I started the chase for matching. I was going to place at 1.15 but Kofu scored so missed the chance....
At the moment is 1-1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
giulio2010

I have just got an email from Betfair.it saying that they advice me to use a trading platform to avoid vital seconds to bet..They also said that they are not operating on the market ( of course they would not admit it anyway ).
What got me by surprise is the fact that there are trading platform authorized by amms available, betangel was not on the list. Do you at betangel have any plan to apply for italian users in the future?
poklius

web page refreshes like every 10-15 seconds, that money might have gone way before you entered your stake. Use platforms.
tricola

Cant you record the video by phone? We all would like to see it.
gutuami

that screenshot proves nothing
giulio2010

I dont use Betfair.it very often so as soon people from the italian private forum will take a video, I will replicate it here....
However many users did not know about platforms like betangel available on Betfair.it, that may explain some of the anomalies. Infos on betfair.it on the web are not as good as for betfair.com. That was the intend of the forum to gather as much infos as possible but still a difficult task. I have also find out that the option for Keep bets in play was declined by the italian Amms ( Amms regulate the gambling in italy ).
The screenshot prove nothing but sometimes you have to trust people, I was chasing the price like hell as it dissapear on each click but as I said there may be already some bots operating on betfair.it, the problem is that italians dont share infos as much as british..
The answear may be more simple than I 1st thought..
gutuami

this a video I recorded with a strange spike a couple of months ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4wZqlu-Fc
I suppose that if I place a 3k order in such a low liquidity market it won't get matched in under a second.

you should do the same. A video is much more informative than a screenshot. Just keep recording and every 30min or so restart recording if there's nothing interesting.

Return to “Italiano”