Betting exchange THE END for Italy

demmas

Source: Agipronews

"Economy Minister Vittorio Grilli, signed the Ministerial Decree regulating betting peer to peer, or the "betting exchange". The news was announced by Agipronews.Ora expect the necessary steps to the Court of Auditors and the publication in the Official Gazette,and finally in our country will pave the way for the introduction of a game mode waiting for years. The "way" to the new game, which is required before a period of testing in Sogei, is expected by the end of the year. This innovation was requested loudly especially by the players,together with the liberalization of the schedules of play that instead it is a priority for the dealers.
Liquidity - namely the ability to effettualre betting exchange - will be restricted to the bettors Italians."

I wonder what operator is National or foreign, may invest in such a project??
If that does not undergo further changes, the project born dead and all of us with it. :cry: :cry:
Euler

Good thread on this forum clarifying many points: -

http://www6.infobetting.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=48481

In summary it seems that the exchange will be legalised in Italy but only restricted to Italian users. Markets will be restricted, no UK racing, only markets allowed by the Italian monopoly (AAMS). Seems like the maximum win will be restricted to €10k as well?

I think I understand that as correct?
demmas

Hello guys, to me in three days the license will expire BetAngel , I ask other users have decided to behave like Italians , renewed or wait for further development of the facts, should not miss much ?
giulio2010

As far as I know, I will keep using betfair with out without italian regulations. You must know where you are demmas, the decision should not that difficult for you.
Are you making enough money? Then you have multiple solutions! Are you losing a lot of money, then you have an excuse to stop!
Forse ho capito male la domanda! In tal caso, puoi anche scrivermi privatamente! ciao ;)
demmas

It will not affect anyone, but now we are being denied access to the platform. Com, and then for residents in Italy Betfair adventure ends here! Thanks guys it was nice.
mugsgame

So as a Country the UK bends over backwards to implement all the bureaucratic shite and nonsense laws.

But the Italians can choose to ignore the main purpose of the EU. A level playing field and the same competition for all?
Euler

I've heard from some of our Italian users that from today Betfair are starting to close betfair.com accounts. Will see if I can get more clarity.
demmas

Thanks Euler, on behalf of all those users you are referring to Italians, but ...... I think there is nothing to do, we have imposed. Anyway as far as I'm concerned I will continue to follow you, as I hope to be able to enroll again. Com, I do not know how yet, but we see this elusive betfair.it and then, let's see.
LeTiss

Sad news for our Italian trading friends

Where's Enzabella?
She totally disappeared
demmas

It seems that the closure proceed in stages, by the way has begun. And now taken by the anger I try to write things bigger than me. I remember with pleasure an old saying of my grandfather: "When things are going well, you do not sell anything ... you BUY!" Last year, the budget Betfair was pitiful, and in the course of the year had to resist an attempted acquisition by CVC. CVC Capital Partners (including the investments in which there is Ecclestone's FOM) now I do not know if I'm continuing the negotiations, but signal that things were not going well for Betfair. Breon Corcoran, has repeatedly expressed that the main goal was to be able to expand in the U.S. and Italian markets. Betfair has failed the U.S. operation, having bought the TVG (TV network that broadcasts horse racing) and Hollywood Park Race Track with attached poker room, near the airport in LA, such as trojan horses to expand later with the ' exchange. Nothing to do. Holywood Park was closed for obligation at year-end 2013 and the television is a deadly cost. Now it seems that betfair.USA is trying to organize something .... at Monmouth Park, New Jersey, racecourse low end. I think it will come out in total, with the bones literally shattered. If the Italian betting exchange will be a failure, neither will affect everyone, from the title in the bag, the top Betfair customers around the world. Obviously I hope I have written just bullshit.
Euler

I've spoken to Betfair and while there is no eta in sight for the Italian exchange, due to regulatory issues, they are only transferring accounts with zero balances at the moment. So no need to panic for active accounts it seems.

From a broader perspective the legislation due to be put in place for Italy isn't very good IMHO so that is a massive limiting factor for Italian users.

Return to “Italiano”