Why won't automation fire up all of the time?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dipstick

I am sure that this is a windows setting but need some help. I have set up some automation routines but they won't kick off all of the time. For example, I set up a Lay the Draw routine for today's Championship games and the QPR/Spurs one and then happily went off to play Golf. None of these kicked off. I then came back and was using Bet Angel for a few late races today. The AV/WBA match - which I had also set up the same rule for - kicked off and placed the lay bet as requested at the right time. Presumably because my Laptop hadn't gone in to sleep mode. Can anyone help me here - what setting (in BA or Windows) do I need to set here. Note that the Automation option is ticked in the Features field at the top.
Thanks
steven1976

If computer is going to sleep then it must be power saving mode?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/

Change it to never sleep or turn off
Dipstick

Thanks for the tip here but when I looked at this, my sleep settings were set to never already (although screen switches off after 15 minutes). So I've switched the screen to never to see if that helps and will try again today
andrejt

Dipstick wrote:Thanks for the tip here but when I looked at this, my sleep settings were set to never already (although screen switches off after 15 minutes). So I've switched the screen to never to see if that helps and will try again today
I had the same problem on my notebook - if the screen went off the automation didn't work...weird :D

Now my screen is always on and everything works as it should.
HampshireIan

Morning all,

Just reading through some threads and came across this one.

So, am I reading this right, as in if you set up BOTs to fire off whilst you are out, you literally have to have the laptop screen on, as in showing your home screen or whatever it may be (or maybe even the Bet Angel screen?

So, the second the screen goes off, that's your lot?

Cheers
ShaunWhite

HampshireIan wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:17 am
Morning all,

Just reading through some threads and came across this one.

So, am I reading this right, as in if you set up BOTs to fire off whilst you are out, you literally have to have the laptop screen on, as in showing your home screen or whatever it may be (or maybe even the Bet Angel screen?

So, the second the screen goes off, that's your lot?

Cheers
Your screensaver can kick in or a PC screen can be switched off but your laptop or computer must remain switched on and not be on standby. BA obviously needs to be active in order to trade, if it's not running, or your laptop is off or on standby it isn't going to do much. The screen is just a display, it's the computer that's doing the work. It's like if you were playing music from your laptop, you can close the lid, and the display goes off but as long as it's not configured to close down when you shut the lid, it will keep playing.
HampshireIan

Got ya Shaun

Cheers for that

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”