Social Trading - new idea for traders

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
zielinski

It is idea to create social trading for example like etoro or zulutrade for forex...
More user without experience can start with trade and experience traders can make more money....

It is short idea to thinking....
zielinski

Bet Angel should create a social platform for traders like etoro created social trader for finacial market...
Lot of traders can copy system other people from profit ranking invest money and pay fee if they make profit....
Why nobody want to create profesional social trading platform?
Euler

People like Betfair don't want to pay a penny to anybody for business like this and professional traders struggle to get as much money on as they would like, so telling people what they are doing doesn't seem very sensible. Also people will quickly figure out your methods.

EToro make their money by being brokers so it's a win win for them and the market is more scalable and positions less obvious when taken over long time periods.

I can see how this would work for standard betting but not trading. The time you are in and out of the market can be quite quick so I think it would be too late for a lot of people when that trade is in the market and it's not as simple as a straight trade with a long run in IMHO.
marksmeets302

It's already there, it's the exchange itself :-)
zielinski

of course but for example if i check rank and i see that mr X made good profit a can copy his system like invest my money for his trade he can make more money for fee and me ... thats was only idea...
marko236

zielinski wrote:of course but for example if i check rank and i see that mr X made good profit a can copy his system like invest my money for his trade he can make more money for fee and me ... thats was only idea...
The problem there is that even a small long term losing statagy can look very good at times and be ranked very high, most traders make money by looking at the market and deciding at what odds to put there money in and out of the market i cant see how they could sell this for someone else to use?

There is traders that have fully automated systems that make money and they could sell them, but as soon as they are being used by a number of people they will probably not work anymore.

I could see the point if people want to teach one on one or do a class and be ranked on reviews, or the best idea is for people to watch videos read up on trading there is loads of stuff to watch and read, try your ideas out on the exchange with small amounts of money theres no better feeling than coming up with your own ideas and seeing them work.
Dallas

The biggest problem with this I see is something that marko236 has already part stated and thats the scalability, unlike the finincial markets sports trading is nowhere near as scalable and at the moment most of the biggest traders already have a problem getting there orders fully filled with as much money as they would like to get on, having dozens of people following them trying to imitate there entry and exit points will only increase this problem.

Finincial markets have positions traded over long periods of weeks, months and years even a intraday position could be open for a few hours where as sports like horse racing there is only around 5 mins of serious market activity.

Return to “Announcements”