Trialling a new "bot"

Help, advice and trading in technicolour
nigelk

Spurred on by Peter W’s “sweet spot” in the market, I’ve been trying for a while now to create a "betting bot", although that's probably an incorrect description, it's more of an advisor.

I've posted a video on U-tube and will explain what’s going on here. On the Excel ladder you can see the prices with brackets next to them. The figures between them are calculated by the bot and give an indication (initially), of which way the price is going

11 mins out and the lay price is 4.4, and the two back prices 4.5 and 4.6 both have (2) next to them and all the above price brackets are empty. 28 secs in, you’ll see a figure appear at 4.8 (the bot thinks the price will drift), fast forward to 1:41 and it reaches that figure.

But the interesting thing to note are the bot’s figures for the support and resistance point. At no time does the bot suggest a price of 4.4, and indeed the 4.5 support is never broken. At the other end of the scale, you can see that the bot calculates a figure of 5 only 4 times, whilst the 4.9 has a figure of 33, clearly indicating that a price of 5 will not be reached.

I’ll post more, this was cut short by a 10 min recording time, so I won’t start recording the others until about 8 mins out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T95lWJi ... e=youtu.be

Cheers, Nigel
MemphisFlash

can we have the spreadsheet posted please
Vexxejr

Is this video still available? I receive the error 'not available' when trying to open in YouTube :(
burdo77

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of your handy work, have you taken the vid down?

Return to “Betfair trading videos - For current videos visit www.betangel.tv”