Place Orders and Clear Cells Spreadsheet Template

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
CallumPerry

Hi everyone, i'd like to contribute this spreadsheet to the commuinity for all the traders who enjoy working directly from the spreadsheet.

I have created a simple 12 buttons (6 Back and 6 Lay so this would be perfect for the dogs) that are macro'd to place orders quickly and efficiently. All selfexplanatory, odds adjust whether you're backing or laying and the stake is represented in cell I3. When you type the word "PLACED" into any of the status cells it clears the L column first and then the O column so there shouldnt be multiple orders being fired into the market, however when I tried testing this just they didn't clear. Please could somebody handy with VBA look into the following code and let me know why that may be happening, probably something really simple i'm overlooking:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim Flag As Boolean
If Target.Address = ActiveSheet.Range("O" & 9).Address Then
If Target.Text = "PLACED" Then
If Not Flag Then
ActiveSheet.Cells(9, 12).ClearContents
ActiveSheet.Cells(9, 15).ClearContents
Flag = True
End If
End If
Flag = True
End If
End Sub

Happy trading!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

try this instead

If Range("O9:O17") = "PLACED" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("O9:O17") = ""
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
CallumPerry

No such luck Memphis :(

Has it worked when you've put that code in? It's so strange as it works when not connected, you type 'PLACED' and both cells clear perfectly but then not when connected. Perhaps Bet Angel is doing something with cell O9 constantly so it's interfering with the macro? I chose another random cell and (=O9) and then changed the macro to use this cell as a trigger instead but it didn't even clear contents when it wasn't connected. Any ideas?
Dallas

Have you updated excel lately?

The recent update has caused some issues
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15746&start=10
nigelk

If you want to clear a range of cells rather than just a single one you could use:

Dim cel As Range

For Each cel In Range("O9:O17")

If cel = "PLACED" Then
cel = ""
End If

Next cel

End Sub

If you know the one you want to clear it'll be along the lines of:

If Range("O9") = "PLACED" Then
Range("O9") = ""
End If
CallumPerry

BetAngel_Cal_Template.xls
DOWNLOAD THIS ONE!!

Thank you for the input gents, I have just ammended the code and it is working perfectly on practise mode. All 12 buttons place orders into the market and then the status is cleared and even at 20m/s no multiple orders have gone through with my 30 second test. Please everybody feel free to use this template and improve upon it with your own formulas and algorithms. If you have any basic questions, i'll try my best to help out :)

Callum :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”