Automated Racing naps & tips from newspapers

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
PeterLe

Ha ha! Yes this time next year Rodney, we'll all be millionaires !
Suspect you're right somehow! :)
Dobbin

Exactly :lol:

There is no quick fix

As we all know there is more than one way to skin a cat.

The trick is to make sure that you are not The Cat :D
oddstrader

Dobbin wrote:Exactly :lol:

There is no quick fix

As we all know there is more than one way to skin a cat.

The trick is to make sure that you are not The Cat :D
wise words
PeterLe

PeterLe wrote:thanks Nigel,

I've often wondered how tips affect the prices the nearer we get to the off..So i will monitor it over the next few days...

Incidentally, there is a horse running today 14:20 at Catterick (Bettys Run) that has been napped and is showing at 1000/1..? Still seems to be a runner, maybe worth a punt!?
Hi
..Was just thinking about this horse I mentioned this morning...
Well ~£300 has been matched at 1000..(£2 of it mine!)
If I was to submit a lay bet for £2 and select take SP...what do you think it would be matched at?? (I expect a 1000, but what do you think??)
oddstrader

PeterLe wrote:
PeterLe wrote:thanks Nigel,

I've often wondered how tips affect the prices the nearer we get to the off..So i will monitor it over the next few days...

Incidentally, there is a horse running today 14:20 at Catterick (Bettys Run) that has been napped and is showing at 1000/1..? Still seems to be a runner, maybe worth a punt!?
Hi
..Was just thinking about this horse I mentioned this morning...
Well ~£300 has been matched at 1000..(£2 of it mine!)
If I was to submit a lay bet for £2 and select take SP...what do you think it would be matched at?? (I expect a 1000, but what do you think??)
hi peter , waht was the outcome ?
Dobbin

Dobbin wrote:Hi Folks

I use Sporting Life Naps Table with a little twist to select the best

Most Tipped today.
Catterick 14:20 Mac Aeda 6
Plumpton 16:00 Keki Buku 3

Dobbin
First one home and hosed

Catterick 14:20 Mac Aeda @ 2.26
ashleyjames222

I am glad to read your post thanks

Daily Express
Last edited by ashleyjames222 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dublin_Flyer

I tried using the Racing Post naps in small stakes acca's a few years back. Overall it was very hit and miss and I lost interest.
My best result was one of the first times I did it, selected all horses that had 7 or more naps and combined them in 3/4/5/6/7folds. There was 10 initially but I missed the first 3 after waking late after night shift.
The 7 I backed won and I cleared 2200 for 72 staked, the other 3 I was late for won, the only time I saw a 10/10 strike. Didn't check the possible returns of the 10, probably would have cried.

The naps tables are good for trying your own ideas and mixing them with the professional tipsters, but it's more of a learning curve for yourself than a surefire way to win.
mister man

without giving too much away i have serious stats on popular newspaper tips, and many stats are available on the net on this as well, I can say that given certain filters one can make vast sums of money long term by laying yes laying not backing a select few tipsters/papers naps.
many of these guys are about as good at tipping as David Cameron is at being honest.
good luck
Emi052

I bookmark this page thanks alot!!!

kawish newspaper
Last edited by Emi052 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddy

There isnt a newspaper tipster in the land that makes long term profits.

Charlatans the lot of them ;) .

but that does not mean you can not profit in some way from the clueless numpties :lol:
pecheli

Hi!
I can't full use the spreadsheet.
It says
This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features

Anyone know what's up? Sounds promising.
Burt_100

Hi,
I am new to BA and realativelty new to trading but I have come accross this post and it is of great uinterest to me as I was thinking of basing one of my trading strategy's on it. What i was thinking was that surely if a horse is heavily tipped by 2 or more of the bigger tipsters i.e, racing post and the sun then surely in theory the odds should drop on this horse due to the weight of money that will be put on the horse so therefore would it not be worth placing a back bet the morning of the race and lay it off just before the race, Would this work with a bit of monitoring the market or has anyone any suggestions?
Burt_100

Hi,
I am new to BA and realativelty new to trading but I have come accross this post and it is of great uinterest to me as I was thinking of basing one of my trading strategy's on it. What i was thinking was that surely if a horse is heavily tipped by 2 or more of the bigger tipsters i.e, racing post and the sun then surely in theory the odds should drop on this horse due to the weight of money that will be put on the horse so therefore would it not be worth placing a back bet the morning of the race and lay it off just before the race, Would this work with a bit of monitoring the market or has anyone any suggestions?
sciman

Hi Burt

I've done quite a lot of research on newspaper tipsters, especially their naps.

What I found was that even though their tips may be based on their own individual systems/info, they are essentially random in that the strike rates of their selections are broadly in line with their expected strike rates, given the odds of their selections.

Laying their selections does produce a profit but it is only about 2% after commission. I wouldn't advise laying them unless you like roller-coasters because the p/l can be quite erratic - and that's putting it mildly.

It would be reasonable to expect that if a horse is selected by several tipster, then its odds would fall during pre-race betting and therefore could be traded. What I found was that just as many selections increased as decreased in odds.

Basically, backing tipster selections leads to a small loss. Laying them leads to a profit which is so small that it isn't worth the agro and when trading them, you are in the lap of the gods.

IMHO, they are best avoided.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”