Update Spreadsheet with latest scores

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
pdupre1961

purpletrader wrote: If the first weekend sheet with prices could be updated It would be ideal, also is possible to adapt it to tennis?
Tennis - what are you looking for???
BetAngel_WeekendFootball-1022.xls
Ok, working on this - attached is spreadsheet with manual update - auto update code to be tested this week.

This is example only - formulas set up for 5 Premier League matches only. With 12 Bet Angel worksheets and 1 Correct Scores worksheet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pdupre1961

Scores_18-20Oct2011.xls
Another spreadsheet for Midweek matches.

Regards, Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
purpletrader

For tennis it would be similar to the weekend sheet with prices. It would need to work off a BA sheet that has today's tennis matches (I use Guardian to load all the matches).
Eventually I am looking to either have an excel alert or better still a trigger when a match reaches a certain score and/or price.

Thanks for the sheets uploaded, it shows what is possible with excel and BA but sadly I struggle to get to grips with it.

Many Thanks
pdupre1961

Anyone getting Excel not responding with tonight's Scores spreadsheet?
pdupre1961

Seems I changed the code and missed out a vital line.

Please insert the following code:

Code: Select all

Set objWeb = Nothing
after this code - in last sub:

Code: Select all

strHTML = objWeb.responseText
I thought this was causing "Out of Memory". But, I'm still getting this error.

Paul
pdupre1961

Scores_18-20Oct2011.xls
Today's spreadsheet.

Please let me know of any difficulties OR new ideas/ improvements...

Paul
pdupre1961

Scores_EuropaLge.xls
Spreadsheet for tonight's Europa League...

Tables will update automatically.
purpletrader

Hi Paul

Are the scores meant to update automatically or only when update button is clicked. I did not understand the post concerning cache removal.

Thanks
pdupre1961

purpletrader wrote:Are the scores meant to update automatically or only when update button is clicked.
At the moment I haven't designed any code to automate the update, so only on button push.

Unless, you're referring to next weekend's spreadsheet - in which case, it's an ongoing project to automate on projected score changing - maybe ???

I have tested today's Europa League spreadsheet and it's updating the tables automatically when goals are scored (however you need you to press the button to update the scores). The latest changing scores are highlighted in yellow.
corbus

hallo Pdupre,
seems great work, although I don't understand how I can use it with my everyday/anytime results.. I mean the events are different/new/unique every day so how do I get them in a spreadsheet in bulk (say all soccer fixtures of the day), also I am thinking of the events' names beeing exactly the same as those in the Guardian so that I can search an area to pick up the results I'm interested in, precisely as I need them...
Maybe I'm looking for something totally different? Or it's just that I don't understand how your system works?
Thanks
Ennio
corbus

Ideally, I'd like to have a spreadsheet which looks like the loaded Guardian (or at least it has the exact events' names) with one more column giving the relative live scores... That would be the "non plus ultra"...
seale

Did this thread die.

I have developed a spreadsheet that links in games, minutes played and score. This then links into guardian excel.

Anyone else doing a similar thing? Any strategies anyone wants to share?
howks1030

Seale,

Would it be possible to have a copy of your spreadsheet?
pdupre1961

seale wrote:I have developed a spreadsheet that links in games, minutes played and score.
Where from?
seale

It links into Futbol24 and updates every minute or so.

Based on the scores it links into my bet angel spreadsheets and places the bets.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”