Downloading racecards in CSV

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
steven1976

Hi Homerbet,
Do you think the programmer that you used would be able to do slightly more complicated things and understand exactly what is needed? I understand quite a few programmers on their are from india and although they usually have the ability to do the work I have found in the past when I have tried to do some none bf work from india that I end up banging my head against the wall.

Im looking to do something through excel but Ive no idea how or where to start.

Thx
steve
Euler

We are aiming to include this feature in a future build.
switesh

Here's my spreadsheet that sort of does what you need.
Run the spreadsheet with macros enabled and let it do its thing for a few seconds.
Copy data from here and paste in new CSV if you need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
homerbet1973

steven1976 wrote:Hi Homerbet,
Do you think the programmer that you used would be able to do slightly more complicated things and understand exactly what is needed? I understand quite a few programmers on their are from india and although they usually have the ability to do the work I have found in the past when I have tried to do some none bf work from india that I end up banging my head against the wall.

Im looking to do something through excel but Ive no idea how or where to start.

Thx
steve
Hi steven1976

Apologies for taking a while to respond.

The programmer I used was from mauritius. his link is here:

http://www.freelancer.com.au/u/HyderBan ... eMe_Search

His communication was excellent no problems at all and worked with me everystep of the way (and yes I did every dumb mistake possible :shock: )

However that said he is a programmer predominantly focussed on web scraping and HTML. If you need excel I cannot guarantee what his skills are.

I have to say the next post looks interesting from switesh. would probably have saved me sometime and money ;)
homerbet1973

Hi Switesh

I did have a look at your file and while it lists the races what I had designed for me was for the detail of each race card to be extracted.

a sample of my file is attached not sure if others would find this useful...

Euler if you are doing it in future releases it would be interesting to see what you and others think of this format?

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brandy

I love the CSV race card - This could make things much easier.
I have been using a freelancer (from Odesk) to manually download historic race cards into Excel. The process was rather complicated, but I have been able to look at tipsters predictions for the last couple of months & the results - identifying whether I could make money backing or laying their tips.
Has anyone managed to download historic race cards into CSV? Historic race cards are available on AtTheRaces, but the process to extract the data seems quite tricky.
gstar1975

Where can I download Racecards in this format?
Racecards Format.jpg
markstuartgreen

I use Web Content Extractor. I download all the days racing and export it from WCE as a CSV file and then import it into a MYSQL database.
Very helpful after sales. Think the program cost £50 when I bought it about 3 years ago and you can get a free trial to prove it works.

I have no connection to this company other than being a user of their software
gstar1975

switesh wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 am
Run the spreadsheet with macros enabled and let it do its thing for a few seconds.
This is not working anymore. Is there a chance you could update it so it can be used again?

Thanks in advance!
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:55 am
switesh wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 am
This is not working anymore. Is there a chance you could update it so it can be used again?

Thanks in advance!
It'll be 6 years this November since Switesh last logged onto the forum
CK2021

Euler wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:08 pm
We are aiming to include this feature in a future build.
Any news on this Peter?

I'm wanting Greyhound racecards in Excel but finding it difficult due to not knowing any programming languages.
angelmike

Are there any firm plans to include downloading races in csv in the next BA update?
Cheers
Mike
Euler

You can do it already, we updated a few versions back: -

https://youtu.be/q2rxyyDjRY0

Load into Guardian, right click, export.
paspuggie48

To jump on the back of Peter's post, I do exactly this. Export the CSV file then use Power Query to format a basic meeting/race/horse table of contents.

Screenshot 2022-02-26 084521.png

This is based on my Guardian List (of those same Header Names)

If one wanted a more detailed set of data e.g. Form, Jockey & Trainer then alter your Guardian List and export. It will require a bit more work in PQ but it would be automated per se.

Maybe in time I can develop a 'dynamic' PQ for anyone to use...will have a think !

Caveat being Guardian is limited to 100 columns if I am correct, so always bear in mind the max of up to 40 runners, so if you wanted Form, Jockey & Trainer for those possible 40 runners as well then you already are maxing out the Columns permitted.
angelmike

Euler wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:41 pm
You can do it already, we updated a few versions back: -

https://youtu.be/q2rxyyDjRY0

Load into Guardian, right click, export.
Hi Peter
Golly gosh!
That's a great video. I don't know how I missed the racecards info option.
Many thanks.
Cheers
Mike

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”