live information about an event (with as little delay as possible)

pdenoeud

Hi all

I am looking for live information about in play sport events, in order to use it to drive my tarding strategy in sport betting.
The information must be as detailed as possible (where is the ball on the field for a football match, ...) and there must be as little delay as possible.

Does anybody has information about where to find this?

Thanks for your help!

Pierre
Derek27

I think you might be on a wild goose chase - it only takes two seconds to kick a ball from one end of the pitch to the other. That's shorter than the time it would take somebody to enter the information. The ball would need a microchip in it with wireless sensors around the pitch, but I still think two seconds is too small a timeframe to get that information to your desktop.
pdenoeud

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:43 pm
I think you might be on a wild goose chase - it only takes two seconds to kick a ball from one end of the pitch to the other. That's shorter than the time it would take somebody to enter the information. The ball would need a microchip in it with wireless sensors around the pitch, but I still think two seconds is too small a timeframe to get that information to your desktop.
In some cases, you are right. In others, you are wrong. When there is a dangerous free kick in football, the event is not always suspended, and you have plent of time to adpat your strategy before the free kick is played... if you get the information early enough. There are plenty of exemples when the information would be usefull. Not for all cases, but for many cases.
Dublin_Flyer

If the game is in play and you're not at it, you can be nearly certain there's somebody there either trading it themselves, mic'ed up commentating to their associate, or something similar. The shortest delay is being at the event, or having a direct line to it, no live stream will be faster than people on-site.
pdenoeud

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 am
If the game is in play and you're not at it, you can be nearly certain there's somebody there either trading it themselves, mic'ed up commentating to their associate, or something similar. The shortest delay is being at the event, or having a direct line to it, no live stream will be faster than people on-site.
Yes, but it is difficult to attend matches yo want to bet. Or have someone on site to attend it...
Maybe there is a market here : pay someone to facetime you the match live...
Or broadcast it through live Facebook video or other live broadcasting service.

Does anybody know about an existing service broadcasting detailed info about the game with a short delay?
Derek27

What exactly do you mean by "short delay" - are we talking minutes or seconds?

Before questioning if such a service exists, we need to question whether the technology exists. Are you thinking of fallible human beings frantically inputting data into a mobile device detailing where the ball is, or microchips in the ball transmitting to sensors around the pitch, relaying that information to a web server?
ShaunWhite

pdenoeud wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 pm
Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 am
Yes, but it is difficult to attend matches yo want to bet. Or have someone on site to attend it...
Maybe there is a market here : pay someone to facetime you the match live...
Or broadcast it through live Facebook video or other live broadcasting service.

Does anybody know about an existing service broadcasting detailed info about the game with a short delay?
What Dublin's saying is that a miss is as good as a mile. Being 2nd is being 1st loser.

Broadcasting from a match eh?...i think the going rate is about £1.7bn a year.
Thedragons

even if live trading - are we all not subject to the 5 second delay?

Return to “Australian”