Black Caviar

LeTiss

After all the hype, that was a fairly unspectacular performance
superfrank

poor ride?

if she hadn't jumped out so smartly she'd have lost.

she's no Frankel :D
Euler

I can't work out if it was the horse or the jockey. For a 1.27 shot that wasn't convincing.
andyfuller

Yup have to agree, not as great as I was expecting even allowing for the easing up. Jockey wouldn't have been able to go back to Australia had he lost that!
SpikeyBob

I must say, I wasn't that impressed, however, I don't think the jockey pushed her too much.
PeterLe

Great for the sport though!! Hope you all did well on it!
andyfuller

Give me Frankel any day over her.
Euler

Looked in detail at the replay I think Luke Noonan eased up when hands and heels. I think he didn't really ride her out. But I have to say if I had to pick a performance this week is has to be Frankel's it was just breathtaking.
hgodden

Not her fault people made her a 1.2 shot. I don't want to be billy hindsight here but wasnt it a bit obvious that all the travelling and unfamilar surroundings would take a bit out of her? Send Frankel half way around the world with all what that involves and I bet he wouldnt be as impressive. She did still win a major group 1 with arguably poor jockeymanship (if there is such a term :lol: )
legendz

well watching the replay , you would have thought the cocky jamie spencer was riding her.
mugsgame

If Frankels' rating is 147 that means the Queen Anne was the best race of all time. Ever. In history.

Like I was saying earlier the gap between sprinters at G1 and handicaps isn't very big.
How many middle distance handicappers progress to G1? Not many. The ones I can remember are Halling and Pilsudski, Which are 2 of the best horses of the last 25 years.

I heard the BC team are leaving her here for a winter campaign on the AW at Wolverhampton.

My highlight of the week was watching the Queens face as her horse won the Queens Vase. never seen her smile like that
blueport

Unconvincing but she did what she went over there to do.

Unfortunately Luke Nolen will never live the ride down.

Where did the pommy sprinters finish?
PeterLe

mugsgame wrote:
My highlight of the week was watching the Queens face as her horse won the Queens Vase. never seen her smile like that
Maybe she didn't want to lose her Vase! :D
LeTiss

I made £20 trading, but placed the whole profit on Black Cavier to lose

I layed her for £95 at 1.21, thinking she wouldn't like the 12,000 mile journey. I was wrong, yet nearly right :)
mugsgame

blueport wrote:Unconvincing but she did what she went over there to do.

Unfortunately Luke Nolen will never live the ride down.

Where did the pommy sprinters finish?
Read my other posts. Sprinting is the poor relation of through bred racing. Have a look at the stud rates for sprinters. Then have a look at the Coolmore middle distance sires. You can send your mare to a top sprinter for £17. The top sires in middle distances are 50k a pop.

Truth is we don't take distances less than a mile seriously. The Aussies like 'em because they are quick to run so you can get back in the bar :mrgreen:

Return to “Australian”