Betfair loses race fields legislation case

andyfuller

marksmeets302 wrote:isn't that a contradiction?
No, re-read it. They said Victorian racing is fine to trade, South Australian is not.
blueport

That's correct, South Australia has unfortunately gone.

As of July 1st only Victoria and Tasmania will be free to trade.
switesh

First day of trading Aus racing (actually just Victorian racing) was quite good.

General market volume and activity was about the same as previously witnessed, and so was my trading performance (consistently stable). Flemington was bit weak comparatively but I suppose I can't really judge it during winter - it's really a spring attraction.

I also kept an eye out on volume levels for non-Victorian courses today - EagleFarm, Morphettville, and Rosehill also displayed the same characteristics despite still being Turnover charge markets. I was expecting a drop in volume but was slightly surprised to see no change in the money pouring in in these markets.

Good luck if you're going to be trading them regularly. Let's hope the other states remove the T.O levy soon and welcome traders back to their markets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Personally I have not noticed any difference in markets, both before the trading "ban", during the "ban" and now post the "ban".
blueport

Good news people.

As from August 1st QLD racing are joining Victoria and dropping the turnover charge on all racing codes.
hhh

blueport wrote:Good news people.

As from August 1st QLD racing are joining Victoria and dropping the turnover charge on all racing codes.
Hey Blueport/Anyone,

Now that QLD has followed suit, does anyone know if the other states are looking to do the same in the near future?

I cant find anything concrete about WA/VIC/ACT, and get the impression there are quite a few more politics involved with NSW.

Thanks for any info
switesh

blueport wrote:Good news people.

Yeah, just noticed that this saturday. Good news. Wish NSW and SA would join soon. Some really good meetings there that I wouldn't want to miss trading.

BF did mention that other states may follow in Victoria's lead, so fingers crossed to at least get NSW and SA on the same track soon.
gazuty

Rephrased. Sometimes when a rule is implemented, there is a weakness in the rule that opens an opportunity.
Last edited by gazuty on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mugsgame

gazuty wrote:There is a way around the turnover charge.
Keep it to yourself then. Betfair will just close the loop hole, as they do time after time.
blueport

hhh wrote:I cant find anything concrete about WA/VIC/ACT, and get the impression there are quite a few more politics involved with NSW.

Thanks for any info
Hello hhh,

Queensland,Victoria, Northern Territory and Tasmania are turnover charge free.

South Australia only switched to the turnover charge in the last two weeks.

Western Australia and the Australian Capitol Territory switched to the charge within the last 6 months.

It's just a waiting game as to whether the States/Territories currently charging will switch back.

Personally I cant see NSW switching back, especially while V'landys is running the ship.
hhh

Thought these articles might be of interest to any followers of this thread...

John Schreck - former AJC chief steward
New breed of punters threatening the sport of kings
http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/horsera ... 2sh9d.html

Pretty limp first article, considering if he did get a job with betfair from the outset would he have the same views as now?

Betfair Australia CEO Giles Thompson responds
Question of integrity answered by player
http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/horsera ... 2sw8z.html

Nice chip in from Victoria.
Euler

It's the age old problem of people fearing change and wanting to keep the status quo whatever it takes. The only thing certain about life is uncertainty, but thank fully time has shown that it's generally fort he better longer term. Else we would still be living in caves and wondering where all the woolly mammoths have gone?
to75ne

im going through another bout of insomnia and if i have a bad one tonight, i intend to pass the time trading the Australian horse race markets.

could someone confirm that the following territories/tracks are now not subject to the turn over charge. thanks.

Victoria
Ararat Bairnsdale Ballarat Benalla Bendigo Camperdown
Casterton Caulfield Colac Cranbourne Donald Echuca
Edenhope Flemington Geelong Hamilton Hanging Rock
Horsham Kilmore Kyneton Mildura Moe Moonee Valley
Mornington Murtoa Pakenham Sale Sandown Seymour
St Arnaud Stawell Stony Creek Swanhill Tatura
Terang Traralgon Wangaratta Warracknabeal
Warrnambool Werribee Wodonga Yarraglen

Queensland
Beaudesert Cairns Dalby Doomben Eagle Farm Esk Gatton
Gold Coast Ipswich Kilcoy Mackay Rockhampton
Sunshine Coast Toowoomba Townsville

Northern Territory
Alice Springs Darwin

Tasmania
Devonport Elwick Mowbray
hhh

Hey to75ne,

Jump on this...
http://betfair.com.au/turnovercharge/states_tracks.html

"View all Tracks" for each state then sort & delete in Guardian as required.

I have seen a few mentions to betfair contacting some of the bigger volume players to jump back onto vic/qld/nt races, so please - get amongst it!

Hopefully nsw/sa/wa/act change their pricing model asap so that us Antipodeans dont have to put in a feature request to Betangel to filter turnover charge markets :idea:
to75ne

hhh thanks very much

Return to “Australian”