Betfair to exit Australia

Euler

Thier results yesterday were ambiguous but when I posted that they didn't include Australia in their list of sustainable markets, they quickly came back and said it was. So I took that as a positive.
Naffman

Disappointing news Qld :roll:

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/en/ra ... ory-306750

Maybe they should sort their on-course bookmakers out first who I heard were operating a 145% book at the jump on Wednesday.

Let's just hope Betfair don't make Qld a turnover charge market because that would seriously be going in the wrong direction.
gazuty

Australian Financial review reports today a tie up between Packer/Crown (owner of Betfair in Australia) and Tripp (BetEasy) for Crown to access Tripp's experience in fixed odds betting. Making a 140% overround - how hard can it be. Hmmmmmm.
Naffman

Is Betdaq making a comeback? I've been able to get on Betdaq on the web as well as BetdaqBetAngel for a week now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steven1976

Its back here in Thailand as well. I have only tried via the site at the moment as i have not got it installed on BA.
Oasis06

Im moving to NZ in January and hope to continue trading the UK markets from there, is this still going to be possible??
rinconpaul

Naffman wrote:Is Betdaq making a comeback? I've been able to get on Betdaq on the web as well as BetdaqBetAngel for a week now...

I tried to signup (Australian resident) and thought I was in until, "Registration from this country not permitted".

Wish they'd come back, they'd just have to incorporate the AUS licence fees, but with NO PC, it'd be a winner :)
Naffman

rinconpaul wrote:I tried to signup (Australian resident) and thought I was in until, "Registration from this country not permitted".

Wish they'd come back, they'd just have to incorporate the AUS licence fees, but with NO PC, it'd be a winner :)
The website won't let me sign in even with a ready account - but the BetAngel Betdaq lets me sign in even from Australia. I haven't tried to place a bet yet so lets hope that works!
rinconpaul

Let us know how you go? Wouldn't the issue still be in creating an account and depositing money?
Naffman

I can place a bet over here as I didn't realize I had 32 pence left in the account :lol:

I'm really confused by the whole thing though as there has been no mention that any overseas customer would be able to access Betdaq. Maybe an employee has forgot to switch something off for the past week...
Naffman

Can't access the site anymore :cry:

Peter must have ratted us out to Betdaq ;)
Naffman

Working again, looks like Royal Ascot without PC is a real possibility.

Return to “Australian”