Green All Gremlin

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
puntingprofit

I'm sure this is simple, but would welcome any advice please. I had a Lay bet rule placed In Play at 3.95. Then Green All Selections at Current Market Price placed a back at 4.10 but somehow the price had skipped further down in an instant and the back remained unmatched. Thankfully whilst I was gawping at this, the price came back to my back price so no harm done.

To remedy I'm thinking of putting a rule to cancel any unmatched "Green All" bets and put in another Green All a second or two further on, or is there a more elegant way of catching it please ?
Dallas

The 'Green up' tab in your main settings allows you to specify if the software should cancel unmatched when greening up

If your doing so in play you need to ensure you allow enough time for the previous bet to reach the market after the in-play delay otherwise there will be no bet/s for the next attempt to cancel
puntingprofit

Dallas, sorry I think my description of my mess up wasn't clear.

I had one matched Lay In Play and no unmatched bets in the market (so am not sure if that main settings option would help me here).

Green All puts in a Back to close the lay but misses somehow (even with Current Price selected) and leaves a stranded Back bet (which luckily came back to me).

Do I put in a reserve cancel and try another Green All a few seconds further on, or is there a better way please ? With this strategy I may have multiple lays I want to close concurrently hence why I was trying to use Green All.
Dallas

puntingprofit wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:33 pm
Dallas, sorry I think my description of my mess up wasn't clear.

I had one matched Lay In Play and no unmatched bets in the market (so am not sure if that main settings option would help me here).

Green All puts in a Back to close the lay but misses somehow (even with Current Price selected) and leaves a stranded Back bet (which luckily came back to me).

Do I put in a reserve cancel and try another Green All a few seconds further on, or is there a better way please ? With this strategy I may have multiple lays I want to close concurrently hence why I was trying to use Green All.

There is never any guarantee of getting any bet matched at the price you want especially in-play when the prices move so fast and there is the in-play delay

If the price moves after your green up bet is placed your two options are to
Wait to see if the price comes back
OR
place it again at the new price

Reverse greening offers a price to the market to try and get a better price so it has a lower chance of it getting matched than a regular green up bet
puntingprofit

Thanks for the quick response and confirmation. I'll go with a reserve cancel and place it again then. I was just kind of hoping there was a fill or kill type option somewhere for Green All that I was missing. Thanks Again ! Your work rate and response rate is just incredible :D

Return to “Support”