Error messages

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
buyshirts

Good afternoon
i had the following error messages yesterday can you explain to me what they are please

07/02/2019 10:40:41: APING Exception: TIMEOUT, ,
07/02/2019 10:42:35: Exception caught while cancelling bet - Exception of type 'BetAngelHelper.APINGException' was thrown.
07/02/2019 10:42:35: WARNING: The Betfair API was unable to process the bet cancellation request. Second attempt activated. (Ref: 153099132230)
Dallas

The key is the line 'Exception: The operation has timed out'. The other exception 'BetAngelHelper.APINGException' is just the wrapper inside Bet Angel that is catching the timeout.

That normally only occurs if Betfair's API returns data in a format that Bet Angel can't decode, for instance when its about to crash - which it did at exactly that time yesterday morning
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1162&start=3495
buyshirts

Thanks for the reply Dallas the reason i asked is because in yesterdays outage i had bets that went into the Big Bash market and they were unmatched i had offset on. Betfair are now saying that they were matched. Surprise surprise they went on to be losing bet.
So looking at my bet angel log it says the bets were unmatched as they went into the market at 10.40.27 and then the next message i have is 07/02/2019 10:40:41: APING Exception: TIMEOUT, , does that mean the site was down at that point? because my p/l never updated until a lot later but at no point do i have a bet angel log entry saying my bets have been matched (and hence no attempt for bet angel to offset them bets.
Dallas

It rarely just crashes instantly for everyone at the same time, trickles of updates and packets of information still get passed back and forth but not always complete so often resulting in the timeout errors - this will be different from user to user so it's hard to pinpoint a precise time it crashed.
But once you start getting timeout errors and updates etc the status of your bets are in the lap of the gods or in this case BF

Each time there is an outage you'll always see reports from some users saying they've had bets matched 'after' the outage whether there is a plausible reason from BF for some/all of these or there's something more underhanded by them is always up for debate and speculation.
buyshirts

You can see from the timings when i experienced problems, when Betfair finally came back up it shows that my bets were matched at 10.45 would in your opinion your previous post explain this?
Dallas

Yes the bet may have still been matched on their server even after it no longer able to retrieve any updates from them, its one of the reason why it can be difficult to know what to lay off elsewhere when an outage occurs as you may never know for sure what has been/will be matched
ShaunWhite

buyshirts wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:21 pm
You can see from the timings when i experienced problems, when Betfair finally came back up it shows that my bets were matched at 10.45 would in your opinion your previous post explain this?
It's not unknown for the API (comms) to crach or glitch and the site still be working, your unmatched bet may well have been with them but as Dallas says, there was no way for BA to know your position/bet status. Maybe try looking at the bf site next time in case it's visible there.
Incidentally it's also been the case that when there's an outage your bets can get converted into SP bets (not just 'take sp' bets) and then they don't show up anywhere. I had that once, reduced balance and no bets showing in BA or on the exchange site. I had to call support to find out what was going on, guess what the SP might be and calc another bet to balance my orig bet and the now SP bet they wouldn't cancel. Quite a stressful 2 mins.
jtrader

Hello! I've been received that message when I was trying to login BF through BA today : "Bet Angel has been unable to connect to Betfair using the supplied user name and password. Betfair returned the following message : An exception was thrown during login: The operation has timed out".
I've tried to test some .baf files yesterday in practice mode,but may be I've made them with some mistakes.And I don't know if these wrong .baf files could cause that I'm not able to login today in live mode,neither practice mode.What could I do for that - may be reinstalling BA or something? Thanks if someone could help about that!
By the way I could login in BF at their home page.
Dallas

jtrader wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 am
Hello! I've been received that message when I was trying to login BF through BA today : "Bet Angel has been unable to connect to Betfair using the supplied user name and password. Betfair returned the following message : An exception was thrown during login: The operation has timed out".
I've tried to test some .baf files yesterday in practice mode,but may be I've made them with some mistakes.And I don't know if these wrong .baf files could cause that I'm not able to login today in live mode,neither practice mode.What could I do for that - may be reinstalling BA or something? Thanks if someone could help about that!
Betfair have had some issues this morning which will certainly explain being unable to login
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1162&start=4460
jtrader

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:08 am
jtrader wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 am
Betfair have had some issues this morning which will certainly explain being unable to login
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1162&start=4460
Thank you very much,Dallas! BA is back again for me!
spinksta

Hi I am suddenly getting this after it has been absolutely fine for 3 days:

19/06/2020 16:01:55: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
19/06/2020 16:01:55: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
19/06/2020 16:01:59: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
19/06/2020 16:02:35: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for market: POSSIBLE = 1
19/06/2020 16:02:40: [G_Auto] : Exception: Exception of type 'BetAngelHelper.APINGException' was thrown.
19/06/2020 16:06:54: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
19/06/2020 16:06:57: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
19/06/2020 16:08:57: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for market: POSSIBLE = 1
19/06/2020 16:09:02: [G_Auto] : Exception: Exception of type 'BetAngelHelper.APINGException' was thrown.
19/06/2020 16:09:53: [G_Auto] : Automation Signal for market: DOUBLE = 1
19/06/2020 16:09:58: [G_Auto] : Exception: Exception of type 'BetAngelHelper.APINGException' was thrown.
19/06/2020 16:09:58: [G_Auto] : Exception: Exception of type 'BetAngelHelper.APINGException' was thrown.
19/06/2020 16:22:33: Cancelling bets 202660753354 202660857446 202660857878 Exception: Exception of type 'BetAngelHelper.APINGException' was thrown.

Can anyone make sense of this? Tried restarting Betangel to no avail. Betfair CS don't seem very helpful.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks
Dallas

There are some issues with Betfair's API causing errors when trying to green up with small stakes so its possible the API is playing up in other areas at the moment
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1162&start=4940
spinksta

TY Dallas. Typical. I finally make a profitable bot and then it decides to go down... Betangel is awesome software. Although the user manual could use a little work. The Parameter settings are not clear at all - especially when backing or laying by book %. But a very, very minor gripe. It is fantastic software. And Dallas you clear and prompt responses are exceptional CS. Pity Betfair don't employ you.
Dallas

spinksta wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:09 pm
TY Dallas. Typical. I finally make a profitable bot and then it decides to go down... Betangel is awesome software. Although the user manual could use a little work. The Parameter settings are not clear at all - especially when backing or laying by book %. But a very, very minor gripe. It is fantastic software. And Dallas you clear and prompt responses are exceptional CS. Pity Betfair don't employ you.
Glad to hear your liking the software, won't ever see me working at BF though - it would just give me to much stress :)

However the BA dev team have just released a new build you can download which has a fix that should prevent the issues your seeing
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21265

Also if you let me know exactly what you need clarifying from the userguide i'll try and explain it
spinksta

Hi Dallas thanks for replying. It is difficult to work out how much you are staking and what your win or loss would be? I think an example with pics would help. We are not all math wizards. If you did an example with £2 and £10 books it would be very helpful
I think it would also be useful on the bookmaking screen to allow a fixed stake lay liability to be placed on 2 or more selections. I've been using the software for years. I love the automation. It is the Golden Goose :)

Also I would like the option to buy a 2 day or a 3 day or a week pass (not individually). It's a little much to leap straight to a month.

But I realise I ask much! TY for your help so far. For me and others.

Return to “Support”