Automation: Favouritism order Q (RESOLVED)

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
eightbo

After some investigation I noticed that regarding automation, any selection which doesn't have a LTP value is ranked above any that do in terms of favouritism. It goes without saying that the automation fav. ordering functionality is different to the re-order button on the ladder (Image).

The end result for illiquid markets produces something like:
Selection #  | LTP  | Favouritism Rank
    1.   | Null  |    3
    2.   | 2.88  |    4
    3.   | 3.05  |    5
    4.   | Null  |    2
    5.   |  6.6  |    7
    6.   | Null  |    1
    7.   |  6.0  |    6

The obvious suggestion is to put anything which hasn't traded any volume to the back of the rankings.

As such I've had trouble using the Fix the Order of the Market Selections rule on various markets and I don't see how it's viable to be using 'order by favouritism' until you've checked every selection has traded vol > 0 which requires 1 rule per potential selection so we're talking 40+ rules per automation file to account for large field sizes.

If there's something I'm not thinking here of please let me know.
Last edited by eightbo on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
BetScalper

That is a very interesting observation and could be why one of my bots is not behaving as I thought.

On Friday i was watching a dog race and the LTP was 4 but the selections volume column was empty. Is that down to someone traded it below £2 ?
Dallas

By default, the order of favouritism is determined by the lowest back price, before carrying out the above test did you change this to LTP?

If not I'd expect those without an LTP to still be the fav in most cases as these will still have large gaps and an unattractive low back price
eightbo

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am
I'm not sure what setting you're referring to. I put an example on youtube which I'll pm you directly as it shows my username.

no rush btw Dallas
Last edited by eightbo on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
eightbo

BetScalper wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:32 am
That is a very interesting observation and could be why one of my bots is not behaving as I thought.

On Friday i was watching a dog race and the LTP was 4 but the selections volume column was empty. Is that down to someone traded it below £2 ?
Haven't tested but I'd imagine as soon as £0.01 or up gets matched the selection will be ranked accordingly with the other runners which have LTP values. If selection A has LTP of 2.0 but drifts to 3.00 without any £ matched, and selection B has LTP 2.60 and that's where the price is, Selection A will be classed as 1st Fav and B second fav until A's LTP updates again.

...at least on whatever settings I have lol
Dallas

eightbo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:05 am
Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am
I'm not sure what setting you're referring to. I put an example on youtube which I'll pm you directly as it shows my username.
In the main settings area on the automation tab you can select what Guardians automation 'favouritism sort uses'
Back price
Lay Price
Last traded price

If this is still at its default 'back' price the results you've posted above is what I'd expect

For example if you have the following 4 selections
back 2.42
lay 2.46

back 3.5
lay 3.65

back 1.40
lay 4.1

back 1.03
lay 30.0

the order of favouritism by default would be
3rd fav
4th fav
2nd fav
fav

Even though the bottom two haven't had anything matched there back prices are still lower than those that have
eightbo

Well yep there's the prob (attached). Didn't know this setting existed!

I've swapped to Lay Price which will do just laaaaaavly.

It'd make sense to move this thread to the help section of the forum now.

Cheers~
◘◘◘.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

RE your video

Just to let you know when using certain rules like 'fix market order, keep all unmatched bets, green all selections' automatically apply to all selection
therefore the 'applies to' area is only for adding conditions to a selection - if no conditions are being used this area does nothing.

For example, if you're using the 'fix market order' rule you might want this rule to trigger IF the 3rd fav is <6.0

Therefore in the applies to area you would select the 3rd fav
then go onto the conditions tab and add a fixed odds conditions the 3rd fav is < 6.0

Only when that is true will the fix order rule now trigger

Return to “Support”