Offset Bet Not Placed

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Dallas

I assume the current connection your using is a wired one?

Do you have another connection you can try for a while even if it's a 4g or wifi hotspot?
with the number of errors, you're getting if it was the API others would have spotted it too by now
Dabbla

Are you using batches ? I think that can lead to offsets not being placed. I just cant remember why !!
Dallas

Couple of other things to check

It looks like your using some sort of restrict refresh or are switching to the market your automation is running on if that's correct can you confirm which and the settings?

Also, can you post a screenshot of your Communication settings that you're using?

And finally when you use polling what sort of responsiveness numbers are you getting in the bottom right corner near where your username is?
and are these pretty stable or do they fluctuate a lot?
BetScalper

Its a wired connection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
foxwood

As I read the log, in the same cycle at 11:37:39, BA discovered your lay was fully matched, BA executed your green up rule, BA placed the offset for the fully matched lay.

Either there is an issue with your green up logic or BA has an issue - would have thought BA logic should see the matched bet and place the offset THEN execute your rules - think it would have worked properly in that case ?
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:22 pm
Its a wired connection.
I can see your Dynamic tuner is still in its default 10 position

you could try a smaller value of 5. That won't stop any connection issues, but it'll force Bet Angel to abandon the call more quickly and make a new request of the same information.

If that doesn't work it might be worth exporting your 'settings' profile and sending it into support with your automation file for them to try and recreate it
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

foxwood wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:12 pm
As I read the log, in the same cycle at 11:37:39, BA discovered your lay was fully matched, BA executed your green up rule, BA placed the offset for the fully matched lay.
Yes, that's how we read it too. The green-up calculation was placed based on the matched bets at that moment in time, at the same time as the offset bet was in transit to betfair, which matched a couple of seconds later causing the P&L as displayed. However, the bet that needed to be offset was filled 16 seconds earlier, so should have offset sooner than it did. That's why we think the calls to get matched bets timed-out during that period.

A safeguard to this would be to issue multiple greening rules (perhaps five seconds apart), that way even if the first one 'crossed in the post', the second call would tidy-up.
BetScalper

Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:46 pm
foxwood wrote:
Yes, that's how we read it too. The green-up calculation was placed based on the matched bets at that moment in time, at the same time as the offset bet was in transit to betfair, which matched a couple of seconds later causing the P&L as displayed. However, the bet that needed to be offset was filled 16 seconds earlier, so should have offset sooner than it did. That's why we think the calls to get matched bets timed-out during that period.

A safeguard to this would be to issue multiple greening rules (perhaps five seconds apart), that way even if the first one 'crossed in the post', the second call would tidy-up.
That’s the strange thing as I have a greenup rule to trigger every 5 seconds 4 times.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Are you auto-switching the main screen into each market, or just using the Guardian cycle to refresh information? If only using the Guardian cycle, then try auto-switching to see if it makes any difference. It'll also help capture the whole day's activity into one log, that you can then send into support for us to work through.
Regarding your other missing matched bets display in the beta thread, we've tested that all afternoon and it's worked faultlessly both streaming and non-streaming. The issues are probably related, but we can't explain what you're seeing at the moment. Hopefully the full log will help.
foxwood

Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:46 pm
foxwood wrote:

Didn't pick up that refresh rate was 200ms so the three events probably not at the same time - I was thinking had 1 second refresh rate and all happened together.

Might be worth change to logging in a future release to also show milliseconds on the time to help analyse issues ?
gkranz

Dallas wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:59 pm
If you're just placing the 1 bet with offset each selection, you could add the following;

'Set/modify signal rule and set a signal on the selection named 'X'
with the following condition
'Amount of matched bets condition' back bets matched is equal to £2

'Close trade on selection with greening' with the following conditions
'Amount of matched bets condition' lay bets are equal to £0 (you could maybe add another for back bets equal to £2 but I'd prob stick to just the lay condition to start with)

'Signal changed condition'
Signal name 'X' changed between 10 secs and 11 secs (use whatever time you want here)

That will basically tell the close trade rule to trigger 10 secs after the back was matched if the lay bets are still £0

Depending on exactly how your strategy works you may need to change bits of that but that's the general approach I'd use from what I can see your doing
Hi Dallas

I'm having the same issue.
What are the signal rules if I'm placing more than 1 bet?
BetBuddy

gkranz wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 am
Dallas wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:59 pm
If you're just placing the 1 bet with offset each selection, you could add the following;

'Set/modify signal rule and set a signal on the selection named 'X'
with the following condition
'Amount of matched bets condition' back bets matched is equal to £2

'Close trade on selection with greening' with the following conditions
'Amount of matched bets condition' lay bets are equal to £0 (you could maybe add another for back bets equal to £2 but I'd prob stick to just the lay condition to start with)

'Signal changed condition'
Signal name 'X' changed between 10 secs and 11 secs (use whatever time you want here)

That will basically tell the close trade rule to trigger 10 secs after the back was matched if the lay bets are still £0

Depending on exactly how your strategy works you may need to change bits of that but that's the general approach I'd use from what I can see your doing
Hi Dallas

I'm having the same issue.
What are the signal rules if I'm placing more than 1 bet?
I would also like to know this ?
Dallas

It would depend on how many bets and if these were always the same ie, 4 bets triggering at once or if they trigger at different times and there can be multiple bets from 2-10 placed?
gkranz

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:36 pm
It would depend on how many bets and if these were always the same ie, 4 bets triggering at once or if they trigger at different times and there can be multiple bets from 2-10 placed?
In my case, it's the later.. I'm placing multiple bets on the same selection and trigger at different times.
gkranz

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:36 pm
In my case, it's the later.. I'm placing multiple bets on the same selection and trigger at different times.
Eg. The trigger is set to start at x time and will place a new bet every 10 seconds thereafter (if the conditions have been met)

Return to “Support”