Faults with Bookmakng / Dutching tabs

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
JollyGreen

No point!
Last edited by JollyGreen on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flanna

Ahh! So now I see what to do. If I want to lay all the horses priced, say, 10.0 or less... Instead of making a book of these horses on the Bookmaker tab, I should back all the horses priced over 10.0 on the Dutching tab. 8-)
The Bookmaking tab still remains a mystery though. If it should only be used for making a "Book" of all the horses, then why is it possible to de-select all or any of the horses? Also, why does the Staking Method "lay for a target profit of..." option never put money on the selections?
Something is definitely wrong with the Bookmaking tab :cry:
convoysur-2

i think we have reached wind up stage here ,,, :(
gazuty

flanna wrote: The Bookmaking tab still remains a mystery though. If it should only be used for making a "Book" of all the horses, then why is it possible to de-select all or any of the horses? Also, why does the Staking Method "lay for a target profit of..." option never put money on the selections?
Something is definitely wrong with the Bookmaking tab :cry:
Please don't allege there is something wrong with a particular function when you do not know how to use that function in the manner intended.

Ask (politely) and you shall receive, criticise (rudely) and I will get mugs to respond with his thoughts uncensored.
flanna

gazuty wrote: Please don't allege there is something wrong with a particular function when you do not know how to use that function in the manner intended.

Ask (politely) and you shall receive, criticise (rudely) and I will get mugs to respond with his thoughts uncensored.
Polite question:
I have just tried to make a Book from the Bookmaker tab by selecting all the horses to Lay and then set the Staking method to "Lay for a target profit of... 30". Why is the amount to bet on each horse 0.00?
If I choose either of the other two staking methods then varying amounts will be bet on each horse.
I have also tried this with some of the horses de-selected (same results).

Polite comment:
I'm not going to suggest that there is anything wrong
with this BA tab. Perhaps this is intentional and there is a good reason why people should not "Lay for a target profit of..." in horse racing markets.

Another polite question:
Could someone please explain how I can use the staking method "Lay for target profit of..."? I just can't get it to work.
gazuty

Works fine for me.

When you are attempting to set these books up and you are looking at a profit target of say $20 have you ensured that you have got the book over 100% and there is an overround present?

What I suggest you do is google some articles on the art of bookmaking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_of_bookmaking

http://betting.betfair.com/the-art-of-bookmaking.html
demmas

You must select all of the rows, is practically a LAY THE FIELD. I hope not to say inaccurate things.
gazuty

demmas wrote:You must select all of the rows, is practically a LAY THE FIELD. I hope not to say inaccurate things.
Not exactly. You need the book to be over 100%, so you may be able to leave out the occasional long shot (aka a "skinner").

But generally you will need all the runners.
to75ne

y flanna » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:27 am

Polite question:
I have just tried to make a Book from the Bookmaker tab by selecting all the horses to Lay and then set the Staking method to "Lay for a target profit of... 30". Why is the amount to bet on each horse 0.00?
If I choose either of the other two staking methods then varying amounts will be bet on each horse.
I have also tried this with some of the horses de-selected (same results).

cause your offering to lay all runners at prices that
add up to less than 100%. by asking ba to lay for a target profit of £30 it is not possible at the prices you are offering; it is saying to you THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE -hence individual stakes are 0.00 and total stake is 0.00

below is a screen shot for ascot 13:15 laying for a profit of £30 at the current lay odds available - as you can see at those odds you would be laying into a 99% book - cant be done by using the current lay odds they are under %100. you need to adjust your book so that you are offering prices that add up to a book of over 100%.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
to75ne

if you was to adjust the first 3 each 1 tick lower you would achieve a overround of 100.4%. ba would then be able to offer up your book.

fav 2.3 adjust to 2.28
2nd 3.15 to 3.1
3rd 4.3 to 4.2
4th stays at 200

but you would need stakes of 3 grand plus, 2 grand plus, 1500 plus and £35 respectively - total stake of over 7 grand - not really worth the risk.

you would be better off to stake to a more realistic liability, and after "each" book is matched so to speak, churn it over, and hope that no shorties get withdrawn.
gstar1975

Why cant you hedge when you have placed a Dutch bet? using Betangel the hedge button shows n/a. But I can go to the Betfair Website and use the cashout function to hedge my bets.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:07 am
Why cant you hedge when you have placed a Dutch bet? using Betangel the hedge button shows n/a. But I can go to the Betfair Website and use the cashout function to hedge my bets.
Here you go
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13161
Euler

It's because you are creating a partial book. With a normal trade you back and lay or vice versa so you hedge on that but when creating a book that's not applicable as it could create a really wild position. So we mark is as n/a by default to stop people getting into that mess accidentally. But you can remove the restriction if you wish.

Return to “Support”