Faults with Bookmakng / Dutching tabs

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
flanna

I often use the Bookmaking and Dutching tabs in BA but I've found them to be somewhat bizarre, even faulty and therefor difficult to use.

Today I want to do Bookmaking on a few races. I want to Lay with a predetermined maximum risk, say 100. Which of the 3 staking methods offered should I use?

Also, if Bookmaking places only Lay bets into the market, what is the column of Back checkboxes for?

On the Dutching tab... If Dutching places only Back bets into the market, what is the column of Lay checkboxes for?

Could it be that these 2 tabs (especially the Bookmaking tab) are not properly designed and that neither of them is really suitable for it's main purpose. :o
LeTiss

Those columns refer to the prices currently available, so on the bookmaking tab - 'back' just means the best price currently being offered, so you are attempting to join the queue on that price - lay means just take the price currently being asked for, or manual means setting your own price outside of these parameters
LeTiss

With regards to your first point on staking you have a valid point, as I've always had a slight issue with the bookmaking tab

On the Dutching tab - back with a stake of £100 is straightforward and it does exactly that, but back with a stake of £100 on bookmaking is not the same thing at all. I've always believed BA should change that line on both dutching and bookmaking to liability level - therefore £100 stakes would still do the same thing on dutching, but would allow you to place bookmaking prices with £100 liabilities
demmas

I had also noticed the defects using these procedures of the program. defects than in previous versions, were absent. Later, more calmly and time insert images to make me understand better.
In fact, I have to help with the instruments, the first thing that I did not do.
flanna

So is there an easy way, when Bookmaking, to place lay bets with a known, limited, liability, say 100. In other words, if one of the Layed horses wins the race, I would only lose 100?
demmas

ES:

In this case, the function does not do its job, it's probably been excluded intentionally?

It would not be possible to choose if you want to do on the liability hedge or profit in both functions?
gazuty

flanna wrote:I often use the Bookmaking and Dutching tabs in BA but I've found them to be somewhat bizarre, even faulty and therefor difficult to use.

I find your comments curious. You often bookmake or Dutch and yet do not understand the functionality. Curious.

Lay with a stake of: choose 100 and your max loss is 100 less the overround you intend to achieve.

flanna wrote:Could it be that these 2 tabs (especially the Bookmaking tab) are not properly designed and that neither of them is really suitable for it's main purpose. :o
They are designed very well and work as intended.

Sigh.
mugsgame

I have used these tabs extensively for the past 8 years. There is absolutely no problem with them whatsoever.

I think you need to understand exactly what you are trying to achieve and then work out how to use the tool to do this. It isn't bizarre or faulty. I'm with Gazuty on this.

I would say actually I am disappointed that these tabs have not been reinstated into the Betdaq version as they once were. Any chance BA?
flanna

gazuty wrote: Lay with a stake of: choose 100 and your max loss is 100 less the overround you intend to achieve.

They are designed very well and work as intended.

Sigh.
Not true...

I am looking at a market now. The lay price of the favourite is 2.5 and I want to lay this horse so that even if it wins the race, I would only lose 100. If I lay with a stake of 100, as you suggest, and the horse wins the race, I would lose 150. Not 100.

The first staking option should be to Lay with a pre calculated liability.

The second staking option "Lay with a target profit of..." doesn't work at all! But if it did work this should be the calculation that is used for the first staking option.
Last edited by flanna on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
demmas

In fact, one of the two functions work on the responsibility while the other works on profit, and I think it would be more correct or that both work on the same basis or the inclusion of the ability to choose what to work on, if you know what I mean. I agree with Flanna, something is wrong.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

flanna wrote: I am looking a a market now. The lay price of the favourite is 2.5 and I want to lay this horse so that even if it wins the race, I would only lose 100. If I lay with a stake of 100, as you suggest, and the horse wins the race, I would lose 150. Not 100.
To do this don't use bookmaking for a single runner. Use the Auto Stake method and set to 'Liability'. Set the value to £100. Bet Angel will then automatically calculate and place the lay stake required to risk only that amount when using the one click or ladder interfaces.

If you want to do this on two or more runners then use bookmaking. But as you say there is no overall 'total liability' setting in bookmaking as it presumes you will be using it for more than one runner.
flanna

6thSense wrote: If you want to do this on two or more runners then use bookmaking. But as you say there is no overall 'total liability' setting in bookmaking as it presumes you will be using it for more than one runner.
No. This does not work. Even on a market where I want to lay 2 runners (e.g. 4.3 and 4.5) My stake of 100 would result in a loss of 120 if either horse wins the race.

I want to lay 2 or more horses with a fixed liability. So, I can set the liability to 100 spread over various horses and if any of them wins the race I would lose 100. It is simple maths to do this so it should be very easy to do it from the BA Bookmaking tab. Unfortunately, I don't think BA can do it :(
demmas

I need to do to force using an external sheet, but I understand that for a horse race, then a fast-paced market, perhaps the procedure takes too long, but there is no solution.
gazuty

flanna wrote:
Not true...

I am looking at a market now. The lay price of the favourite is 2.5 and I want to lay this horse so that even if it wins the race, I would only lose 100. If I lay with a stake of 100, as you suggest, and the horse wins the race, I would lose 150. Not 100.

The first staking option should be to Lay with a pre calculated liability.

The second staking option "Lay with a target profit of..." doesn't work at all! But if it did work this should be the calculation that is used for the first staking option.
When you do that, you are not bookmaking. You are not using the tab as intended. The tab functions correctly, you probably need to do more reading about bookmaking and the concept of overround.

In fact, from what you describe you need to think more broadly. If you are laying one horse you are of course synthetically backing all the others. Go into the dutching tab, click the field and then un mark the horse you want to lay for $100. Back the rest of the field for a stake of $100 and you are in business.
convoysur-2

im not saying anyone dont know what they are doing..BUT for anyone starting out new using bookmaking or dutching tabs i suggest that you start in a simple market like over and under 3.5 goals ,this is the easiest way to grasp it,kiddie steps theres nothing wrong with wee steps
:)
Marc

Return to “Support”