Inside a Moneymaking Machine Like No Other

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Euler

The fabled fund, known for its intense secrecy, has produced about $55 billion in profit over the last 28 years, according to data compiled by Bloomberg, making it about $10 billion more profitable than funds run by billionaires Ray Dalio and George Soros. What’s more, it did so in a shorter time and with fewer assets under management. The fund almost never loses money. Its biggest drawdown in one five-year period was half a percent.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ackest-box
LinusP

Read this when you tweeted it the other week, great read :)

edit: It was someone else :lol:
Dublin_Flyer

A great read, cheers Euler :)
Copenhagen trader

Absolutely amazing. Would be nice to find a fund like that, which is open for outsiders :D
Great read!
ShaunWhite

Drawing a comparison to the Manhattan Project is very apropos. Massively destructive in the wrong hands, and potentially equally so in the right hands too.

What sort of morals and principals do these people have? Rich beyond any conceivable need and still taking huge lumps out of the economy, businesses, governments and pensions; skimming off the cream.

It all very clever and seems benign but vast amounts of money in the wrong hands can also be a very dangerous thing. Given their megalomaniacal profile you have to worry about where it's going to end. We're all just krill to these people.

I'd set the max wealth bar at a very generous (100 - Age in yrs) * £10m, beyond that it's theft.
marksmeets302

I'd set the max wealth bar at a very generous (100 - Age in yrs) * £10m, beyond that it's theft.
What's wrong with people trying to earn infinity?

I know several men you just insulted personaly. Very generous people. They provide lots of jobs, help wherever they can.
ShaunWhite

marksmeets302 wrote: What's wrong with people trying to earn infinity?

I know several men you just insulted personaly. Very generous people. They provide lots of jobs, help wherever they can.
1. I haven't insulted any nice generous philanthropic billionaires? But sadly not all people are like that. Some are lunatics. For every Bill Gates you get an Osama bin Laden, a Teodoro Mbasogo or an Omar Al-Bashir.

2. Because this 'infinate' money isn't growing on trees, it's coming out of the wider economy.

3. We shouldn't rely on a handful of 'very generous people' to create jobs or fund social programmes. It's far too important, lacks a cohesive plan, and this mindset allows governments to abdicate reposibility.

4. So where are all these fabulous projects all your billionaires are funding? If they're so wonderful why do we still need a Friday night telethon to provide basic equipment in childrens hospitals? The super rich seem to spend all their money on superyatchs, job destroying delivery drones, unnecesssary self driving cars or communication satellites to get their product deep into previously inaccesible regions. I spent 20years working in wealth management in the City, and the majority of the super rich I encountered were tight-fisted, deeply flawed people.
ruthlessimon

yeah, remember watching that guy, he's a top mathematician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjVDqfUhXOY

Return to “Trading Financial markets”