Gold

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Euler

Hovering just above $1k now
superfrank

'outperforming most assets in 2016 so far!!

QE4 and NIRP coming soon.

Gold is money.
Euler

Charlie

Where is it better to invest money? In gold or cryptocurrency?
Realrocknrolla

Will be interesting to see if Gold reaches 1860 today...

anyone else playing?
Screenshot 2021-07-14 135859.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Interesting to see how this thread has progressed over the years.
johnsheppard

My father in law believes we are headed for a meltdown and you should all buy up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC2HxR7IWlg

I don't know what it all means. What are the latest thoughts on gold here?
jamesedwards

johnsheppard wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:06 pm
My father in law believes we are headed for a meltdown and you should all buy up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC2HxR7IWlg

I don't know what it all means. What are the latest thoughts on gold here?
It wouldn't surprise me. I nearly cashed my pension out of stocks but stopped short when Liz announced the consumer and business power support package. I feel like I've missed the dip now so I'm still hanging back, but anything could happen in the coming months.

If you believe a big crash is coming then you want something that can't be created or printed. Gold could be ideal, which historically tends to stay relatively stable compared to stocks during periods of recession.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnsheppard

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:15 pm
It wouldn't surprise me. I nearly cashed my pension out of stocks but stopped short when Liz announced the consumer and business power support package. I feel like I've missed the dip now so I'm still hanging back, but anything could happen in the coming months.

If you believe a big crash is coming then you want something that can't be created or printed. Gold could be ideal, which historically tends to stay relatively stable compared to stocks during periods of recession.
It all depends on how big a crash we are talking. Beyond a certain point, guns and cans of beans become more valuable than gold.

I suppose it borders on conspiracy theory stuff, but father in law can't sleep much and he's up all night watching youtubes, like the one I posted above. Watching that video without any critical analysis or thought, makes one a little concerned :) Like, the dude seems like he's thought things out... For me, it's fascinating stuff, but I don't have the time to do the real leg work...

Unless of course I give up my day job to go and do the leg work... Logic tells me the best approach is to diversify, then let the market do whatever its gonna do...earn ones crust with ones own expertise, but video's like above are tempting to buy into...
Archangel

The best asset to be in lately has been the US Dollar.
Flight to safety
Although I am starting to get short at these levels. But that's just because I am a contrarian
Euler

Well, Gold often does the inverse of the Dollar so maybe it is time to go long on Gold, especially given the state of the economy?
Archangel

Euler wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:08 am
Well Gold often does the inverse of the Dollar so maybe it is time to go long on Gold, especially given the state of the economy?
I would agree. It might be a bit of a hold and wait trade but ultimately will pay off

Return to “Trading Financial markets”