Back and lay on the same market

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
JoeBet

Hi

Is it possible with more than 2 bets on the same market in an automation. Sometimes I would like fx. to have 2 back bets and 1 lay bet in the same market.

Regards
Dallas

Yes you can trigger as many bets as you want on a market or selection
JoeBet

But how to name my selections when I only can chose Nom 1 and Nom 2
mickypaul72

You dont have to use nominated selections you can choose selections by betfair row number of order of fav
JoeBet

Each evening I research my selections and placed them with my automation rules early in the morning. (I don't have acces to my laptop again before evening)

I use a odds range for both back and lay bets. Optimal a short specific odds range for each selections, but to simplify it I use more wide odds ranges. Fx. 3 different odds ranges for flats, 3 for Jumps and agian for lay bets

So in the morning worse case, I can have 4 named horses in a market where I have to use 4 different rules.

Is that possible with 1 laptop? Do I need more laptops or learn to do automation with Excel?

You mentioned by row number. I guess the row number don't change during the day, so i can change the automation file each morning and add more rules with a specific row number?

Can I also add both back and lay bet rules in the same automation file?

Regards
Michael
mickypaul72

Back or Lay.baf
This will place a back & Lay in row 1-4 add or delete if you choose. The rules contain fixed odds conditions which you change to suit. Row numbers can occasionally change so if you wanted to nominate your selections (more than 2) you can I believe do it by opening more instances of Bet Angel.
You mentioned you place all your selections in the evening for the following day please be aware a lot can change from overnight to the next day start time.
Feel free to give me a holler although may I add i am no expert.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StefanBelo

He wants to choose only named horse(s), nor blindly select any horse in allowed range.

For instance, what if his horse is actually removed from the race, but your trigger rule fulfils allowed odds range for any horse in such race, so he ends up betting on the horse he did not want to bet on.
JoeBet

mickypaul72 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:20 am
Back or Lay.baf

This will place a back & Lay in row 1-4 add or delete if you choose. The rules contain fixed odds conditions which you change to suit. Row numbers can occasionally change so if you wanted to nominate your selections (more than 2) you can I believe do it by opening more instances of Bet Angel.
You mentioned you place all your selections in the evening for the following day please be aware a lot can change from overnight to the next day start time.
Feel free to give me a holler although may I add i am no expert.
I will try to use 2 open Bet Angels and see how it will work out. It seems like the most simple way to do it.

Will get back in a week or so and tell if it works without any conflicts.

My research is in the evening, but place the bets early in the morning before going to work. I use Rule files with odds ranges.

I have only used Rule files with a odds range for a bit more than a month and so far the results are only slightly decreased, compared to earlier when I placed the bets manually.

Using a Rule file instead of placing the bets manually, do save me a lot of time. So all in all the difference in P/L is for me less, than the value in saved time.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”