Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dallas

Just to clarify you are aware all sports have bet delay imposed by Betfair when in-play (football this can be 5-12 secs depending on the league)
So if a team is trading at 3.5 and you want to back @ 3.0 if its odds are 3.0 or less

If a goal goes in the market will be suspended then when it opens the price will reform around new odds, this could be 2.2ish, once this happens your bet at 3.0 will be triggered and placed but will be sat there as an unmatched bet until the price comes back up

Same for tennis although the market doesn't suspend there is still a 5-sec bet delay so a player is trading at 3.0 (and you want to back at 3s again) they then break the opponent and there price tumbles, once it goes past 3 it will trigger your back bet but by the time the 5 sec delay has past the price could be trading 2.8ish leaving your bet unmatched at 3s still
logicoj

Hi,

Sorry this is the wrong place to ask.

I have a question about creating a rule for laying the draw in football and was wondering where I should ask it please.

Many thanks
Dallas

logicoj wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 pm
Hi,

Sorry this is the wrong place to ask.

I have a question about creating a rule for laying the draw in football and was wondering where I should ask it please.

Many thanks
You can start your own thread to ask the question in the automation section, here's how
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838

Or search for similar existing topics (also detailed in the link above) and if you find one post a reply with the question to the end of the thread
logicoj

Thanks!

I have started a new topic here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18195

Many thanks
firlandsfarm

Hi Dallas, I have a lack of knowledge problem! Can you help please.

In my topic "Bet Angel - Automation : Less than X runners" (viewtopic.php?p=184027#p184027) jimbit has suggested the following solution …

"1. at xx seconds before race, loop round all runners
2. place signal on runner and store market value (stored value), plus do a market increment of each found runner
3. based on the ultimate entry found, place a signal (or market stored value) to indicate it's validity"

My problem is I haven't a clue how to use Signals and Stored Values to achieve this! I have only touched on Signals to monitor if a bet has been placed and never ventured into Stored Values. :(

Can you guide me where I can learn how to do these things so that I will have a better chance understand the processes here. I think I can loop all runners (All Selections?) I can place a signal on each runner (though I can't see what value it should be or what to do with it after I have!) and I suspect I can build an increment value for a market Signal but I don't know what to store in the Stored Value nor what to do with that either. How can I tell BA that the ultimate entry is the ultimate entry and how do I call that entry/value if I don't know which is the ultimate entry. Confused, you bet I am.
john0101

Hello Dallas

I wondered if you would be interested in helping me, having been with Betfair since the beginning the trends/ graphs i have noticed are important. I purchased the api advanced data and a with very good coder our goal was to automate my systems to reach the holly grail of bsp favs automation showing a profit (as in no problem when bet sizes increase to getting matched), manually this has worked for me so automation seemed the next step, we got so close and ran it against the back data but were finding some 'leaks' etc its a bit complected to explain all of the criteria but for example the automation couldn't handle race delays and bolting horses etc just before the off.
Would you be interested in helping me set up all of the criteria on bet angel (it maybe i/we would have to still bet manually just before the off as to check the criteria was met correctly for example.
I am open to paying for your services or once i discuss and show you some figures then maybe you might be happy being part of the system.
My analytical brain for numbers odds and % unfortunately dos not translate over to coding/files etc

If your interested please let me know

Many Thanks

John
Albinomonkey

Is it possible to set rules such as ‘if 0-0 at 30 minutes then back under 2.5 goals?”
CPC67

Hi Dallas first of all I am new to forum and software ( had approx 2 weeks now) and I have read your posts and I have up loaded some of your examples and I have a play around but with no success so I am asking for help please. I am after placing a bet on the first two favourites must be odds against with a 2pts difference just before the start of the race between the second and third favs. I apologise now because I am certain this is there but I have tried now for 2weeks help...
Dallas

CPC67 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:24 am
Hi Dallas first of all I am new to forum and software ( had approx 2 weeks now) and I have read your posts and I have up loaded some of your examples and I have a play around but with no success so I am asking for help please. I am after placing a bet on the first two favourites must be odds against with a 2pts difference just before the start of the race between the second and third favs. I apologise now because I am certain this is there but I have tried now for 2weeks help...

Youll need a back or lay rule applied to the fav with the following conditions
Fixed odds condition
back price
is greater than

Relative odds condition
2nd fav back price
is less than
3rd fav back price
minus 2 odds

Then create a second rule applied to the 2nd fav and amend the first condition
Fixed odds condition
nominated selection fav
back price
is greater than

and that will do it
CPC67

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:04 am
CPC67 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:24 am

Youll need a back or lay rule applied to the fav with the following conditions
Fixed odds condition
back price
is greater than

Relative odds condition
2nd fav back price
is less than
3rd fav back price
minus 2 odds

Then create a second rule applied to the 2nd fav and amend the first condition
Fixed odds condition
nominated selection fav
back price
is greater than

and that will do it
Dallas I will give this a try thanks for your help
CPC67

Hi I will appologise now but I cant get my file to trigger.
I am after trying to bet on the following criteria:
Place a £5 bet on the first two Favs ( if odds against ) in the betting before the off, but there must be a 2 points difference between the second and third Favs. I have also tried to place a min & max runners condition of say min runners 4 and max runners in race 11 runners. I have attached my attempt but nothing seems to trigger, are you able to help please i have put hours in to thisthrugh looking on the forum but I still dont see where I am going wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

You need a seperate rule for each, one to place a back bet on the fav, the second to place a back bet on second fav.
with the conditions advised in my previous post
Jukebox

CP there is so much wrong with the file its best you start again - essentially you've use the rule Back All selections on condition that the Favorite's Back Price is less than 1.01
Clearly this will never fire - and nor would you want it to especially as you have it firing 100 times.

You have set out the conditions for number of runners correctly and seem to have understood the relative odds condition.

I suggest you set up two seperate rules one for the favorite with the conditions you require and the other for the second favorite accordingly.
Dabbla

CP Your relative odds condition is the same as the selection, so it won’t trigger.
But you don’t want that anyway.
You should remove that condition and change it to Historic relative odds. Then follow what Dallas has said
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:31 pm
CP Your relative odds condition is the same as the selection, so it won’t trigger.
But you don’t want that anyway.
You should remove that condition and change it to Historic relative odds. Then follow what Dallas has said
That was a good spot, and a typo on my part, it should as Dabba said of been Historical Relative Odds condition

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”