Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ShaunWhite

vladilyich wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:25 pm
Is it possible for somebody to do a video regarding these signals as I don't have the foggiest what they mean when explained in writing?
Imagine that each individual selection and the market as a whole each have a stack of empty shelves. When you want to remember something about the selection or market you put a label on a shelf and store a number on it. Ie you create a signal name and give it a value. Later in your rules you can perform actions that are conditional on the values of the signals you have set previously.

Signals are only set or changed when the rule line's conditions are met.
damianrduy3

Hello.
I created simple tennis automation rule using signals, but the rule doesnt work on itf markets. I tried both mine own rules and this shared on forum. Why it happens?

Regards
Dallas

damianrduy3 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:15 pm
Hello.
I created simple tennis automation rule using signals, but the rule doesnt work on itf markets. I tried both mine own rules and this shared on forum. Why it happens?

Regards
There is no live score feed for ITF matches, so any rules that use server or score conditions will not trigger on these matches
damianrduy3

Thank you Dallas
Colmate

Help needed for something which should be quite simple but for the life of me I'm struggling to do it. Must be old age.

Trading O1.5 football, placing bets at HT. Sometimes trading multiple matches. All I need is to know that a market has been suspended/goal is scored. If I have say 4 ladders on screen, then I only hear Peters beautiful rendition of 'This market has been suspended' on one ladder. Is it possible to set up BA so that this audio is announced for all ladders.

Alternatively is there an automation .baf that can be easily changed just to play an audio alert after a goal/market suspension so that I can go back in and trade it.

Any help gratefully received. I use an app called Goal Live which does the job but with around 95% reliability
Dallas

Colmate wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 am
Help needed for something which should be quite simple but for the life of me I'm struggling to do it. Must be old age.

Trading O1.5 football, placing bets at HT. Sometimes trading multiple matches. All I need is to know that a market has been suspended/goal is scored. If I have say 4 ladders on screen, then I only hear Peters beautiful rendition of 'This market has been suspended' on one ladder. Is it possible to set up BA so that this audio is announced for all ladders.

Alternatively is there an automation .baf that can be easily changed just to play an audio alert after a goal/market suspension so that I can go back in and trade it.

Any help gratefully received. I use an app called Goal Live which does the job but with around 95% reliability
There isn't one already done for this purpose but its easy enough to set up from scratch

You just need a 'Alert (play sound alert / show message)' rule then on the parameters tab either choose to play an alert and/or show a message applied to Betfair row 1

Then add the following conditions

Historical Relative odds condition
Selections LTP is now
less than
than selections, LTP was 65 secs ago
minus 20 ticks (or thereabouts depending on the type of matches your trading)

Unsuspended Time Condition
Is greater than 60 secs ago

Then click the two green arrows to duplicate the whole rule and apply the 2nd copy to Betfair row 2

That should do it
Colmate

You're a star. Thank you so much for your help with not only my posts but all of the others
bigfev

Hi guys

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question so happy to be directed to the correct one if need be...

Basically what I am looking to create is an automation that will monitor the price and only place a back bet, say 10 ticks below the price, when a certain event occurs and there is a decent price movement. What I mean is if the price for a team was $2.00 then the price that I would like the back bet in would be $1.90 (10 ticks lower than the price was at the time the event occurred) if a particular event occurred and if the price drifted during the game without this particular event happening to $3.00 then the price I would like to place the back bet would be $2.80 (ten ticks) but only if this particular event occurred.

A couple of examples are in cricket and soccer:

Cricket: If a team is bowling and their price is $2.50, the particular event in question would be them taking a wicket in which case their price could potentially come in between 15 and 60 ticks in some cases. I would be looking at immediately as that event happens for a back bet to be placed 10 ticks lower than their price at the time of the event to in this example at $2.30.

Soccer: Similarly, if I have backed a team to win and their price is $3.00 during the game, the particular event here would be a if they score a goal so I would want my back bet entered as soon as the event occurred at $2.80.

It's a bit hard to explain so sorry if sounds a bit complex. Pretty much all I want to do is have something automated that monitors the price so it is ready to "pull the trigger" ten ticks below what the current price is when a particular event occurs.

Any help would be great thanks!
Dallas

bigfev wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:02 am
Hi guys

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question so happy to be directed to the correct one if need be...

Basically what I am looking to create is an automation that will monitor the price and only place a back bet, say 10 ticks below the price, when a certain event occurs and there is a decent price movement. What I mean is if the price for a team was $2.00 then the price that I would like the back bet in would be $1.90 (10 ticks lower than the price was at the time the event occurred) if a particular event occurred and if the price drifted during the game without this particular event happening to $3.00 then the price I would like to place the back bet would be $2.80 (ten ticks) but only if this particular event occurred.

A couple of examples are in cricket and soccer:

Cricket: If a team is bowling and their price is $2.50, the particular event in question would be them taking a wicket in which case their price could potentially come in between 15 and 60 ticks in some cases. I would be looking at immediately as that event happens for a back bet to be placed 10 ticks lower than their price at the time of the event to in this example at $2.30.

Soccer: Similarly, if I have backed a team to win and their price is $3.00 during the game, the particular event here would be a if they score a goal so I would want my back bet entered as soon as the event occurred at $2.80.

It's a bit hard to explain so sorry if sounds a bit complex. Pretty much all I want to do is have something automated that monitors the price so it is ready to "pull the trigger" ten ticks below what the current price is when a particular event occurs.

Any help would be great thanks!

How are you defining a 'certain event'?

If its something your observing manually then this servant will do what your asking, you just point your cursor at the price you want then start the servant and it will trigger the bet if the price passes that point
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16235

Or you could edit slightly so you only have to have the cursor anywhere on the selection then when you start it it will store the price 10 ticks or whatever away from the current price and trigger once that is passed

Or
Are you looking to use full automation?
bigfev

Thanks for the reply.

I probably didn't need to mention "certain events" as the price movements that are relevant for this only happen when these events occur.

What happens now is when the events occur the bots that are already in place (i think) move the prices down to quickly to manually click on the price so if there was a way to automate something so I can place an order in that fraction of time then that would be fantastic. Once the back bet was filled the theory is that the price would have dropped much more than the ten ticks from the back so I would trade out at a lower price.

That servant link looks like it could work but as it looks more manual it may not be fast enough but I will look into it. If there was something that could just follow the price as it went up by 10 ticks until there was the sudden movement down from a wicket or goal and fire in the bet automatically would be perfect.

Thanks again.
Dallas

Just to clarify you are aware all sports have bet delay imposed by Betfair when in-play (football this can be 5-12 secs depending on the league)
So if a team is trading at 3.5 and you want to back @ 3.0 if its odds are 3.0 or less

If a goal goes in the market will be suspended then when it opens the price will reform around new odds, this could be 2.2ish, once this happens your bet at 3.0 will be triggered and placed but will be sat there as an unmatched bet until the price comes back up

Same for tennis although the market doesn't suspend there is still a 5-sec bet delay so a player is trading at 3.0 (and you want to back at 3s again) they then break the opponent and there price tumbles, once it goes past 3 it will trigger your back bet but by the time the 5 sec delay has past the price could be trading 2.8ish leaving your bet unmatched at 3s still
logicoj

Hi,

Sorry this is the wrong place to ask.

I have a question about creating a rule for laying the draw in football and was wondering where I should ask it please.

Many thanks
Dallas

logicoj wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 pm
Hi,

Sorry this is the wrong place to ask.

I have a question about creating a rule for laying the draw in football and was wondering where I should ask it please.

Many thanks
You can start your own thread to ask the question in the automation section, here's how
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838

Or search for similar existing topics (also detailed in the link above) and if you find one post a reply with the question to the end of the thread
logicoj

Thanks!

I have started a new topic here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18195

Many thanks
firlandsfarm

Hi Dallas, I have a lack of knowledge problem! Can you help please.

In my topic "Bet Angel - Automation : Less than X runners" (viewtopic.php?p=184027#p184027) jimbit has suggested the following solution …

"1. at xx seconds before race, loop round all runners
2. place signal on runner and store market value (stored value), plus do a market increment of each found runner
3. based on the ultimate entry found, place a signal (or market stored value) to indicate it's validity"

My problem is I haven't a clue how to use Signals and Stored Values to achieve this! I have only touched on Signals to monitor if a bet has been placed and never ventured into Stored Values. :(

Can you guide me where I can learn how to do these things so that I will have a better chance understand the processes here. I think I can loop all runners (All Selections?) I can place a signal on each runner (though I can't see what value it should be or what to do with it after I have!) and I suspect I can build an increment value for a market Signal but I don't know what to store in the Stored Value nor what to do with that either. How can I tell BA that the ultimate entry is the ultimate entry and how do I call that entry/value if I don't know which is the ultimate entry. Confused, you bet I am.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”