Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Niko

Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 pm
Niko wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 pm
Quick confirmation if possible! Say I have an automation that has various conditions set and a signal called WoM to fire on any selection if the conditions are met. I also have a clear the signal WoM rule if the conditions are no longer met. The rule triggers on say 4 runners.

Does betangel know which signal of each runner to cancel if say two runners fall outside of the conditions set even though they all triggered the same WoM rule?

Or do I need to replicate the rule for all the various runners?
The same 'clear signal' will clear the signal of the 2nd runner as soon as its rearmed
Ahh, so to get round this each runner would need to be allocoated a WoM rule, Wom1, Wom2, Wom3 etc with each rule being cancelled by a seperate clear the relevant WoM rule as each runner falls outside the conditions set?
Dallas

No you can still use the one WoM signal
Then on your clear rule if you wanted it to clear when above 5.5 you would say;
Signal set condition
is signal named WoM
Set on selection

Fixed odds cond
Last traded price
Is greater than 5.5

anything without a signal is ignored, as is anything below 5.5 still
Niko

Perfect, thanks Dallas.

Didn't need to replicate all those rules for each runner then!!! :D
richbeales

Hi
Is there any way to set a signal when a stop loss is triggered?
megarain

I am thinking of the best way to use signals, to help analyse market liquidity, in the first hr, of a 7 long contest.

Guardian cannot access volume, or individual amounts traded at each price etc.

The markets I look at, normally have v high volume, if the the back/lay prices, have no gaps. - so using a relative odds condition, I could set a signal,
after say 5 mins, and increment its counter, every minute, if the gap was say over 2, when it came to look, the next minute. At the end of an hr, I could see what number the counter was, and do something, based on this.

Is this the best way to do this ?

Thx
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:20 am
I am thinking of the best way to use signals, to help analyse market liquidity, in the first hr, of a 7 long contest.

Guardian cannot access volume, or individual amounts traded at each price etc.

The markets I look at, normally have v high volume, if the the back/lay prices, have no gaps. - so using a relative odds condition, I could set a signal,
after say 5 mins, and increment its counter, every minute, if the gap was say over 2, when it came to look, the next minute. At the end of an hr, I could see what number the counter was, and do something, based on this.

Is this the best way to do this ?

Thx
Yes its probably the best way with the current options.
My only hang up would be is how reliable it would be in giving the info you want. I've never traded cricket so don't know how likely gaps are to appear and how quick they are filled
richbeales

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction - I'm playing with signals for the first time, but they're not firing.

The Rule is set always Armed "Set/Modify a signal only"
The condition is "Close Trade Profit Condition" - The selection's trading profit (without greening) is less than £-0.05
Signal for current selection - Set Signal.

Yet the signal never fires. Why?

Thanks
richbeales

Disregard that post - i've restarted BetAngel and it's firing now..
osiovie1

Hi Dallas,

First, let me start by saying a very big thanks to you for your immense contribution towards the growth and development of this community.
you are really doing a great Job , and we truly appreciate you effort...

Secondly, Sorry please, I know you are quite a busy person, but you still managed to find time to uploading almost everything that a new beginner like me will need to get started in automation etc. I have really learnt a lot from them and hopefully, soon I'll be able to create a profitable Bot by myself, without having to disturb you.

Please, don't be offended, because I wouldn't know if you have already uploaded similar bot before, but I still need you to guide me through the process of creating a bot that will LAY the first favorite who's odds drop bellow 2.50 with $50 stake, and set a signal to back same horse if the price drops forwarder to 1.40 with same $50 stakes.

In other words, I need you to assist me with creating an automation rule file that will Lay the first favorite that drops to 2.50 and then back it at a shorter odds for example 1.40 where necessary. I can automate' the lay bet at 2.50 but my challenge is how to back same horse at lower odds of 1.40 if it drops lower to that point? I don;t know what type of condition or selection nor signal to achieve that. Hence, your kind asistance is needed.

I will be very glad if you can assist me with this.

Thanks for you kind assistance.
Dallas

osiovie1 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:36 pm
Hi Dallas,

First, let me start by saying a very big thanks to you for your immense contribution towards the growth and development of this community.
you are really doing a great Job , and we truly appreciate you effort...

Secondly, Sorry please, I know you are quite a busy person, but you still managed to find time to uploading almost everything that a new beginner like me will need to get started in automation etc. I have really learnt a lot from them and hopefully, soon I'll be able to create a profitable Bot by myself, without having to disturb you.

Please, don't be offended, because I wouldn't know if you have already uploaded similar bot before, but I still need you to guide me through the process of creating a bot that will LAY the first favorite who's odds drop bellow 2.50 with $50 stake, and set a signal to back same horse if the price drops forwarder to 1.40 with same $50 stakes.

In other words, I need you to assist me with creating an automation rule file that will Lay the first favorite that drops to 2.50 and then back it at a shorter odds for example 1.40 where necessary. I can automate' the lay bet at 2.50 but my challenge is how to back same horse at lower odds of 1.40 if it drops lower to that point? I don;t know what type of condition or selection nor signal to achieve that. Hence, your kind asistance is needed.

I will be very glad if you can assist me with this.

Thanks for you kind assistance.
Thanks for your comments, im glad to hear they have been able to help you.

For this particular query all you need to do is add a 'Place back bet rule type' by clicking the green plus icon within the rules editor

Then add the following two conditions

Fixed odds condition
Selection in order of Betfair favouritism 1
Last traded price
is less than 1.40

Number of place bet triggers condition
Number of place bet rules triggered
On Selection
Is Greater than 0

That should do it
osiovie1

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have tried to replicate the exact settings as directed.

I have also attached screen shorts of the General, Parameters and Conditions Tabs, for you to view and kindly confirm if I have done the correct thing?

Thanks a lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osiovie1

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have tried to replicate the exact settings as directed.

I have also attached screen shorts of the General, Parameters and Conditions Tabs, for you to view and kindly confirm if I have done the correct thing?

Thanks a lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Is this for the same horse ?

Why does this require a signal ?

Please test this in practice, before using real money.

The pictures are fine, but, dont show how the horse is selected, whether its the same horse, or, any other conditions.

To me, the strategy has to lose money.
IQ-SPORT

Hello Sir,

Sorry please, I'm new here, and I don't know if this is the right thread to drop this, but I seriously need your Guide to enable me create an automation bot to execute my tested strategy. I have manually traded the system for quite a while now with pretty good success rat, so I really thought it will be a lot easier and better if any one can assist me with guides to create a Bot that will automate both trades.

My trick is to automatically back the favorite at 1.35 (fixed odds) with X stake and I will then try to watch the race very closely... if the same horse price reversed, and start drifting up to 3.0 ? I will then manually Lay the same horse to lose with x Stake to hedge the trade for a small lose or gain irrespective of the final outcome.

The Help I need now, is simplly a guide on how to automate the whole process, rather than placing the Lay manually.

I.e, I need guide on how to create a Bot that will automatically Back the first favorite at 1.35 (fixed odds) and at the same time, automatically Lay the same horse, if and only if, the price reverse and drifting back up to 3.0 (fixed odds).

in other words, a bot to Back the Fav at 1.35 and to Lay the same horse at 3.0 just in case the price drift back up to 3.0. (Image attached)

I don't know if the above trick may need a signal in other to trigger the Lay bet or some form of conditions, Hence, I need your kind advice and guide on this.

I will be glad if you can assist me out with this.

Thanks in advance...
Dallas

IQ-SPORT wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 pm
Hello Sir,

Sorry please, I'm new here, and I don't know if this is the right thread to drop this, but I seriously need your Guide to enable me create an automation bot to execute my tested strategy. I have manually traded the system for quite a while now with pretty good success rat, so I really thought it will be a lot easier and better if any one can assist me with guides to create a Bot that will automate both trades.

My trick is to automatically back the favorite at 1.35 (fixed odds) with X stake and I will then try to watch the race very closely... if the same horse price reversed, and start drifting up to 3.0 ? I will then manually Lay the same horse to lose with x Stake to hedge the trade for a small lose or gain irrespective of the final outcome.

The Help I need now, is simplly a guide on how to automate the whole process, rather than placing the Lay manually.

I.e, I need guide on how to create a Bot that will automatically Back the first favorite at 1.35 (fixed odds) and at the same time, automatically Lay the same horse, if and only if, the price reverse and drifting back up to 3.0 (fixed odds).

in other words, a bot to Back the Fav at 1.35 and to Lay the same horse at 3.0 just in case the price drift back up to 3.0. (Image attached)

I don't know if the above trick may need a signal in other to trigger the Lay bet or some form of conditions, Hence, I need your kind advice and guide on this.
I will be glad if you can assist me out with this.

Thanks in advance...

Here is a link to a ready made example file that backs a runner when it trades at odds of 1.35
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11414

Page 19 of the same thread contains the instructions on how to add a stop at 3.0
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11414&start=187

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”