Botty Challenges

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mcgoo

Well feels like its getting there now..31 markets and I can let it pretty much run. I think there is at least one tweak left in there but will see how things progress-have learnt not to rush..many many iterations. Good challenge :ugeek: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sionascaig

A lovely set of numbers - they bring tears of joy )

Time to scale up yet?

PS: tried it on the UK markets yet?
mcgoo

sionascaig wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:43 am
A lovely set of numbers - they bring tears of joy )

Time to scale up yet?

PS: tried it on the UK markets yet?
Yes, it is emotional :) :D
Not tried UK yet-keen to..I reckon I will need a variant for UK horses but will see how some testing goes. Would love to scale up and have written the rules with this in mind but more testing is required :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mcgoo

So I tried writing an updated version of me bot that is way more robust (after seeing some non greening up weirdness)but less profitable it turns out. I have some idea why but not really sure. I reverted back to a previous version with a minor tweak. Boom..profit!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Things have been going very well. I happened to catch something today though. A very weird anomaly that makes me wonder if you can truly ever automate and walk away...

This is a summary of the log data:

1. At 0m:54s -Lay bet placed on runner Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: ***same*** ( Fill or kill bet with x seconds delay. Offsetting by x ticks with greening)

2. The original bet (Ref: ***same***) was fully matched at 1m:04-My logging shows signal activity that confirms this at this time which means BA 'knew' that a bet was matched.The bet shows as matched at that time in matched bets

3. Message in the log : 1m:12: unmatched bet (Ref:***same***) was killed. This was ++ more seconds than the fill or kill time window

The offset bet was never placed and I had to cash out/close the trade manually (via my phone at work :)) It happended to be in a profitable position but I was wondering what would have happened if it was going against me and hit my manual stop loss.Since the bet may or may not have been recorded,BA may not have detected the loss position and potentially not acted to stop out. Gremlins. :shock: :?
I still see the clock sticking sometimes and the logging did look like it was updating intermittently.Not seen this before. Hopefully it doesn't happen if I scale up but perhaps it has happened before and does close out.Time will tell. :ugeek:

Edit: Just as I was writing that the bot closed out 3 times(one bet wasn't even recorded in the log) for a loss of most of my day's profit. I have seen this error happen every time this happens-usually after 21-26 markets ..."An error occurred while cancelling bets: The entire order has been rejected"..then it immediately tries twice even though the green up is set for 2 seconds apart.Not sure I can fix it :evil: :evil:
Edit2: trying signal changed time condition... :ugeek: :idea:
Edit 3: Pic is last 24 hours :mrgreen: ..though..despite the $4.80 loss ( :evil: )...dog... bone..at the moment face like bulldog licking piss off a thistle... :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Just developed my latest bot.

Some may know my previous bot were named "aggression" or variants thereof.

Name of new bot. "Ultimate" and variants thereof. Unleashing it on UK racing from this evening Australia time.
mcgoo

gazuty wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:31 am

Name of new bot. "Ultimate" and variants thereof. Unleashing it on UK racing from this evening Australia time.
All the best for it. I am still working on the downside double bet thing but think I have the error fixed now. ...inches :shock: :D :mrgreen: :ugeek:
gazuty

mcgoo wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:14 am
gazuty wrote:

All the best for it. I am still working on the downside double bet thing but think I have the error fixed now. ...inches :shock: :D :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Are you greening up in play? At stakes below minimum? It has to place two bets to get below minimum and so perhaps move your spacing between triggers out? Just a suggestion - I may have entirely misunderstood what you are doing.
mcgoo

gazuty wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:14 am
gazuty wrote:

Are you greening up in play? At stakes below minimum? It has to place two bets to get below minimum and so perhaps move your spacing between triggers out? Just a suggestion - I may have entirely misunderstood what you are doing.
Thanks for that. No all pre-off. I think the problem was caused by overlapping green-ups and partial matches coinciding. I changed the timing and used a SV to stop one rule acting when it shouldn't. (Covering all possible scenarios is a challenge , for sure :) ) I'll see how I go today.
mcgoo

Well the botty is more stable ;)...38 horse markets..won $4. Not doing so well on Greyhounds..28 markets lost 69c :mrgreen: :ugeek: Have some ideas to try on the dishlickers so will see how we go. Good stuff.UK here I come :twisted: ;)
mcgoo

Very stable for 68 markets.Was iffy yesterday but think my VM is temperamental :? Now if I can just work out why some days are good for dishlickers and others for horses :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mcgoo

Probably won't post too many results after this (for fear of becoming tiresome :? ) but made a tweak or 2 that has given me some more encouragement and hopefully this passes onto the other amateurs out there that feel it is never gonna come off.Days like this help :)..and truly..if I can (get this far-mainly due to this forum/software)..anyone can.All the best :mrgreen:
mcgoo

Well after years of trying...months of writing & weeks of watching+tweaking and pulling (very short and balding) hair out..and seeing a fatal flaw only yesterday(well there are 40+ rules :) )..just for today..so far... (all I have is today) ...it is truly a thing of functional beauty.. to me... :ugeek: :mrgreen: ..is it bad that I am 2 beers in on a Monday :shock: :lol: Cheers chaps and chapesses :) ..roll on tomorrow :ugeek:
jimibt

mcgoo wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:28 am
Well after years of trying...months of writing & weeks of watching+tweaking and pulling (very short and balding) hair out..and seeing a fatal flaw only yesterday(well there are 40+ rules :) )..just for today..so far... (all I have is today) ...it is truly a thing of functional beauty.. to me... :ugeek: :mrgreen: ..is it bad that I am 2 beers in on a Monday :shock: :lol: Cheers chaps and chapesses :) ..roll on tomorrow :ugeek:
dang -sometimes on days like this and with comments like this wished i lived in Aus ;)

keep the fun rolling....
mcgoo

jimibt wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 am
mcgoo wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:28 am
dang -sometimes on days like this and with comments like this wished i lived in Aus ;)

keep the fun rolling....
:D :D :D
mcgoo

So I have seen this message before and decided to ask a question about it as I can't figure out what went on (bearing in mind I have run this bot for months now).In this instance it made a huge % profit but it could have cost me huge % too :?
It went as follows:
I have fill or kill set and an opening bet was made by the bot:
$ 10.00 Lay bet placed on 9. With Gusto at 2.46. $ 7.68 matched at 2.46 $ 2.32 unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 141136969959
So a partial match. No sweat , I have coded for this
then I see this in the log 1 second after the opening bet was made:
$ 4.44089209850063E-16 of unmatched bet (Ref:141136969959) was filled before remainder was killed. Position Closed therefore no offset/stop required.

..and true to the message: No offset was placed. I can see the price actually dipped against me and my Stop threshold was crossed but it was borderline in terms of timing so not sure if it would have closed out. So my question is what does "Position Closed therefore no offset/stop required." mean in this context?

On the positive side, it has made me question my profit targets :shock: :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”