Botty Challenges

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
eightbo

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:45 am
All I need now are the ability to record my back/lay matched prices (I think this is essential-especially in tennis or football) and OR conditions
I am surprised these are not already a part of the software, perhaps they lie in wait on the to-do list.
mcgoo

eightbo wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 am
mcgoo wrote:
All I need now are the ability to record my back/lay matched prices (I think this is essential-especially in tennis or football) and OR conditions
I am surprised these are not already a part of the software, perhaps they lie in wait on the to-do list.
Hoping.... :)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mcgoo wrote:
All I need now are the ability to record my back/lay matched prices (I think this is essential-especially in tennis or football)
Could you clarify what you mean by 'record' the prices? I'm assuming that you want to use the price that you were last matched as a basis for a future bet?

We could look into having some more stored value options. Perhaps 'amount matched of most recently placed back/lay bet on a selection' and 'average matched price of most recently placed back/lay bet on a selection' if that would be of use?

Then there the question of whether most recently 'placed' or 'matched' is important... they could be entirely different bets.

Edit: And another situation that I've just thought of is partial matching of a bet. How would you cater for only £10 of a £100 bet being matched, later to be followed by the extra £90. All matched amounts get aggregated together under the same bet reference, so there's a risk you could place an opposing bet before the first one has finished filling. Or place £10 followed by the full £100 which would throw it £10 off in the other direction.

It starts to get very complicated when there are a number of unmatched bets, placed at different prices, not necessarily filling in the order they were placed, so we'd only do this if just dealing with the most recent bet is actually of use to enough people.

I can't see that we'd ever be adding lists,queues or arrays to Automation as the compexity of implementation compared to the number of people that would actually use them; it doesn't justify the cost/time.
mcgoo

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:51 am
mcgoo wrote:
All I need now are the ability to record my back/lay matched prices (I think this is essential-especially in tennis or football)
Could you clarify what you mean by 'record' the prices? I'm assuming that you want to use the price that you were last matched as a basis for a future bet?
A: Yes- record the lay matched or back matched prices I was matched at when the opening trade was made

We could look into having some more stored value options. Perhaps 'amount matched of most recently placed back/lay bet on a selection' and 'average matched price of most recently placed back/lay bet on a selection' if that would be of use?
A: Yes- what price I was matched at would be of use. This is especially important in things like tennis where I need to calculate % of stake to reduce liability etc when the price has moved against or for me by x ticks but I only want to partially red or green up

Then there the question of whether most recently 'placed' or 'matched' is important... they could be entirely different bets.
A: True but this is true anyway for matched bets and a checkpoint and time since last bet etc settings potentially could sort this out

Edit: And another situation that I've just thought of is partial matching of a bet. How would you cater for only £10 of a £100 bet being matched, later to be followed by the extra £90. All matched amounts get aggregated together under the same bet reference, so there's a risk you could place an opposing bet before the first one has finished filling. Or place £10 followed by the full £100 which would throw it £10 off in the other direction.
A: Partial matched bets are a problem/dealt with anyway. A fill or kill timeout or a cancel unmatched sorts these out.Even if you are recording a SV as you can do now (by recording the last traded,back or lay price when you place the bet) you have this issue

It starts to get very complicated when there are a number of unmatched bets, placed at different prices, not necessarily filling in the order they were placed, so we'd only do this if just dealing with the most recent bet is actually of use to enough people.
A: See above .Also you only get matched at best price anyway-once- depending on how you place the bet .I only want to record the price I am matched at regardless of partial or not

I can't see that we'd ever be adding lists,queues or arrays to Automation as the compexity of implementation compared to the number of people that would actually use them; it doesn't justify the cost/time.
A: I have seen this done in other iterations of software and would appear to be fundamental to me but am open to correction/discussion. BA must record the current matched price somewhere as the ability to offset,use a stop loss or trailing stop loss would only work using ticks or % if this variable was available? It would be great to have this available as a SV so dependent calculations are accurate.I have noticed how especially in tennis when I am recording an SV (of last traded price, for example)as I place the bet, this can vary by 5 ticks or more to the actual price I got matched at...but as per below perhaps I am doing it incorrectly?
Thanks for the reply .Answers above.It is a bit late here so I hope I am clear/understanding enough :) and am not talking at cross purposes/missed something.As a note: my understanding is that the only way to record the price you are being matched at currently is to record a SV (by recording the last traded,back or lay price )when the bet is placed>please correct me if there is a way other than this currently.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

OK, if the matched price rather than the amount is what's important then that does reduce the significance of the partial filling issues.

When placing bets inplay with a significant inplay delay (such as tennis or football) you can easily get matched at a better price than you expected, so I can see the value of just knowing the price the last bet was matched. We'll look into adding that as a Stored Value feature.
mcgoo

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:50 pm
OK, if the matched price rather than the amount is what's important then that does reduce the significance of the partial filling issues.

When placing bets inplay with a significant inplay delay (such as tennis or football) you can easily get matched at a better price than you expected, so I can see the value of just knowing the price the last bet was matched. We'll look into adding that as a Stored Value feature.
Great stuff.Thank you :D
mcgoo

There is something I thought I had got my head around that it turns out I still am not clear on. If you are recording SV's for say the first 3 selections(favs)last traded price and the VWAP for the favourite every x seconds- when I set the selection to ANY on the general tab for the rule, the VWAP calculation for the fav is wrong.The moment I set the selection on the general tab to the favourite then the calc is right for the fav but I then am not sure if the calcs for the other selections are wrong. Why is the calculation incorrect for the fav when selections are set to ANY-the SV is set to calculate the VWAP on the fav? The MO is fixed.There is only one condition-that the MO is fixed. Cheers :geek:
PS: Each of the selections (1-3 favs) are nominated on the SV tab
Thinking about it-does that mean you have to record the SV with each selection respectively nominated on the general tab? Seems a little bit bulky but if thats what you have to do then so be it. Be good to get clarification
mcgoo

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:09 am
There is something I thought I had got my head around that it turns out I still am not clear on. If you are recording SV's for say the first 3 selections(favs)last traded price and the VWAP for the favourite every x seconds- when I set the selection to ANY on the general tab for the rule, the VWAP calculation for the fav is wrong.The moment I set the selection on the general tab to the favourite then the calc is right for the fav but I then am not sure if the calcs for the other selections are wrong. Why is the calculation incorrect for the fav when selections are set to ANY-the SV is set to calculate the VWAP on the fav? The MO is fixed.There is only one condition-that the MO is fixed. Cheers :geek:
Thinking about it-does that mean you have to record the SV with each selection respectively nominated on the general tab? Seems a little bit bulky but if thats what you have to do then so be it. Be good to get clarification
Support ticket perhaps...:)
mcgoo

FYI
Heard back from support (quickly :) ) .Yes you do need a rule per selection ,even when storing a value :geek:
BetBuddy

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:44 am
FYI
Heard back from support (quickly :) ) .Yes you do need a rule per selection ,even when storing a value :geek:
What’s the point of ‘Any Selection’ then ?
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:09 am
Only just seen this now by chance, it would be best to post questions in a new topic, almost certainly would of been answered very quickly if it was seen
ShaunWhite

Botty challenges?
68 greyhound markets, 64 horse markets, just over 400 animals traded ->
Screenshot_15.png
:lol: What are the chances of that happening!? (std reaction quote for any habitual trader ;) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

LOL At least you earned something for BF
ShaunWhite

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:30 pm
LOL At least you earned something for BF
And a few juicy BF Points to help with the Aussie commission discount.

Speaking of which, people might have seen the points statement has gone missing from the site since Rewards came along. After several long and tedius chats with support (incl telling me they're no longer counted :roll: ) they sent me this link https://myaccount.betfair.com/rewards/p ... d-holidays but I still don't see how you navigate to it without the direct link.
mcgoo

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Botty challenges?
68 greyhound markets, 64 horse markets, just over 400 animals traded ->
Screenshot_15.png
:lol: What are the chances of that happening!? (std reaction quote for any habitual trader ;) )
I often see similar with tennis and horses..except horses are double the tennis loss :lol:
Got bored today and dabbled with GH bot..a whole 84c up after 11 8-) :lol: ...better than down I guess :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”