Rule to lay on drift

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
sukhvirdee

Hi,

From what I've read my issue may have been covered but I am still having problems trying to get this sorted.

What I am looking for is the following:

1. Back the favourite horse when it reaches odds of X
2. If the horse drifts by Y ticks, lay the horse, and keep trying to lay the horse as it drifts to catch as much losses as possible
3. If the horse recovers and shortens to X, back it again

What I am achieving (without tying to do point 3), is the following:

1. Back the favourite horse when it reaches odds of X
2. Lay the horse to green up at 1.01
3. If the horse drifts by Y ticks, lay the horse

This has two problems. One, I am losing money on the unnecessary lay bet at 1.01. Two, if the horse recovers after drifting and being laid, I lose a lot!

My single rule is setup as follows:

1. Place a back bet at best market price of fixed amount, in-play, allowing the rule to trigger 1 time waiting 5 seconds before rearming
2. Use global setting of an Offset bet and Trailing Stop. Offset stop of 50 ticks, stop trigger 150 and place at 200 ticks. (All I am wanting to do is to lay if the horse drifts by 150 ticks). Place fill or kill bets with 1 second delay. 10 offset batches
3. There are a bunch of other conditions which seem irrelevant for this purpose

Where I think I have gone wrong is the offset. I do not want an offset, but there is no option of me just having a trailing stop. (Am I right i understanding trailing stop as "keep trying to lay the horse as it drifts to catch as much losses as possible").

I also think I should be using multiple rules with signals. If the horse is backed, set a signal. If a horse meetings drifting conditions and the signal is set, do the lay.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Dallas

You don't need to use the offset and stop/trailing stop - instead of using a separate rule it can be made to trigger multiple times so no guarantee it will stop you still but a 'stop-loss' can only trigger once so its a far better option In-Running.

Adding the more bets as it shortens again is easy enough but its not something I'de advise doing or you can soon rack up the losses when you get a runner flip-flop in and out
ie, where do you draw the line and stop backing? after 2, 3, 4 attempts and stops?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”