Double back bets in automation file.

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Justin53

Hello everyone,

I have set up an automation file that has multiple back bets at fixed odds all with a one tick offset attached.

I have the fill or kill ticked so that betangel waits for the back bet to be matched before placing the lay offset bet.

I have set up conditions to try and prevent double back bets being triggered on the same fixed odds rule.

As long as the back and lay bets are all fully matched everything works fine, but when a back or lay bet gets partially matched and then the market moves away from it I have problems with some of the back bet rules (found at higher odds) triggering again and essentially doubling.

What I would like to know is whether there is some way to tell betangel that you only want one trigger on the rule until a whole back bet is taken?

So for example if I had a $200 back bet in at fixed odds 2.34 with a tick offset the program would not allow this to double to $400. It would have to wait for the $200 to be gone before re triggering another back bet in there. You can do a lot of conditions on the selection as a whole but I don't think you can zero in on one odds amount specifically...

I know if you are just doing a single tick offset you can set the unmatched bets condition to 0 to achieve this. But if you have multiple tick offset back bets in you can have multiple back and lay bets that are unmatched so setting this to 0 means nothing works.

Is there a solution to this dilemma?

Thanks Justin
eatyourgreens

hi justin,
Im a newbie so I could be wrong, but why not add the condition "lay bets matched = back bets matched" to your rule?

This throws up a question that I have been meaning to ask, if, using parameter "offset with greening" , the offset amount will not be the same as the original bet, would guardian make allowance for the difference if using the condition "lay bet amounts = back bet amounts " ?

Have a nice day! :-)

ref above,
I meant to put "lay bet amounts match = back bet amounts matched"
Justin53

Hi eat your greens,

Unfortunately if the market is in the middle of my range then the tick offsets below this will have lay bets left unmatched with the hope of the trend coming in before the match starts. So unless the market goes all the way in and takes every lay bet the back bets matched will always be higher than the lay bets matched until I green up at the end.

I have placed specific conditions in each fixed odd rule about exactly how much higher the matched back bets can be compared to the lay bets. So each one triggers off at the correct stage if all the back and lay bets get fully matched.

Once a bet is only partially matched this messes up all the figures and so the back bets above can trigger when I don't want them to.
If there was just a way to tell the rule not to trigger again until the first tick offset is completely finished that would be awesome, but I don't think that's possible. Maybe a macro in excel could do it but I'm not sure.

To answer your other question, I have resorted to using a straight tick offset rather than greening as I need the back and lay bets to match exactly so that the figures I use in the conditions continue to line up and work properly.

Cheers
Justin53

Also just to clarify further when you stated

"why not add the condition "lay bets matched = back bets matched" to your rule?"

This highlights what I stated in the first post about only being able to make a condition over the whole selection rather than just concerning the back and lat bet within that rule.

If I had the back bet in at 2.34 odds for $200, it would be great if I could, specific to that rule alone, place a condition whereby I say; back bets matched at 2.34 must equal lay bets matched at 2.32.

That is probably what you were alluding to, but unfortunately, you can only program the matched bets amount condition over the selection as a whole. You cannot break it down more specifically as far as I know, unless someone else knows how?

Thanks again, hope this helps,

Justin.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”