L2B rule

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
sukhvirdee

Hi,

Hopefully a simple question to you all for in-play horse racing.

I have a number of conditions that for simplicity purposes state to LAY ANY selection that has a Back Price greater than 50. What I need to do is if the conditions are all met, and the LAY at let's say 100 is matched, trade out of the position if the the Back Price starts to come in, and let's say becomes less than 50.

Somehow I would like to trade out at no loss, but OK to minimise my losses, especially in the event if the LAYed horse goes on to win!

Is this at all possible?
northbound

When you lay at 50+, set a signal for the selection, call it Layed50Plus.

Have another rule of type “Close Trade On Selection With Greening”, that triggers if the Layed50Plus signal is set for the selection AND current Lay Price < 50.

Tread carefully, as that second rule will close the trade at best market price, so you’re not guaranteed it will get matched if the horse goes on to win. Inplay prices move superfast in the closing stages of a race and also there’s the 1-sec delay that will get in the way.

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rul ... 3D&mw=MzIw
BetScalper

Laying >= 50 is asking for trouble.

Hell, I don't lay > 6 on the horses, in-running.
sukhvirdee

Thanks @northbound.

How will the rule know which Horse to close the trade on?

My Lay rule is setup to Lay any horses that meet the conditions, this also repeats so I could have a number of horses that get layed.

Will the “Close Trade On Selection With Greening” close all horses that meet the <50 condition?

Thanks again,
Sukh
ShaunWhite

sukhvirdee wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 am
Will the “Close Trade On Selection With Greening” close all horses that meet the <50 condition?
It will if you have a condition on that rule that says the Green All Profit condition > £x.

I really hope you're running this in Practice Mode.
sukhvirdee

Thanks for replying @ShaunWhite.

I don't quite follow what you're suggesting though, could you clarify for me please?

This is the scenario I am envisaging:

4 horse race, Horse A, B, C and D.

Horse D reaches a back price of 60, where A B C are doing fine and have back prices <5.

I lay D.

D then makes headway and reaches a back price of 20. I need to back D to counter my potential losses.

So Laying £2 at 60 would give me a liability of £120 and I would be happy to limit my losses to £60 should it go on to win by backing £3 at 20. If it eventually loses, I lose £1, if it wins, I lose £60 which is better than the £120.

Can you help?
MemphisFlash

so if it loses, you lose £1, and if it wins you lose £60.
seems doomed from the start
sukhvirdee

@memphis, Only when it comes to finish well. From what I have seen, this is unlikely, but it does happen.
jimibt

fwiw - i have seen many runners in over 2-3 years that have been on odds > 60. you then watch the live pictures and see that they are part of the front group. i guess what i'm saying is that the odds in the latter stage of the race can get quite wild if such a runner makes a break for it. also, i'd look to see what the actual SP had been for such a runner as fate has a weird way of honouring the IP% of any runner (i.e. you manage 60 races with no losses and then suddenly, the appointed moment arrives and your runner which had sat on 60-100 odds suddenly tumbles down to 5 odds and then sub 2).

i'm just saying that this might be a dangerous game to play for very limited rewards per race.
sukhvirdee

I understand @jimibt. There are a number of conditions that make my applications of the rules "safer" but not 100% safe. I have been bitten by horses that magically collapse 12L in the lead and others that fly in from the back.

I have a profitable strategy, albeit dangerous, and so need to eliminate/limit these occurrences to maximise profits.
Niko

And I have observed that the odds on BF clearly don't acurately reflect the onscreen pictures with regards position of horse or how well its jumping/running
northbound

sukhvirdee wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 am
Thanks @northbound.

How will the rule know which Horse to close the trade on?
As I explained in my message (please re-read it), you set a signal on the selection when you place the lay bet.

Then you make automation close the trade on that selection only if the price dropped AND the signal for that selection is set.
ShaunWhite

sukhvirdee wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:25 pm
There are a number of conditions that make my applications of the rules "safer" but not 100% safe. I have been bitten by horses that magically collapse 12L in the lead and others that fly in from the back.
I can't see any condition that would make this strategy 'safer'. I also think the price fluctuations will often trigger your stop on what would have been a profitable bet. They don't have to collapse or win to do that, it happens almost every race.
ShaunWhite

Race 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

yes, shaun, i think a picture paints a thousand words (or lost ££). having hammered away at every angle on this IP stuff, i've gone to the other extreme when laying and am often placing lays sub 2 with small/medium offsets to catch those kind of scenarios that your graph illustrated. seems more risk/reward oriented to place a stake of £50 and have £10-£15 returned, than place £100 at the top end for a £2 return..

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”