How To Calculate Profit/Loss In Practice Mode

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
captainbang

I just created a bot and left it running while in work. Firstly there is no balance in practice mode so i went to check the logs.

My bot is just putting a lay bet in and greening up inplay

but when i check the logs it states the lay bet was matched and the green up back bet was entirely unmatched

but i have just watched a live race there and the green up was successful but when i checked the log it stated the same as above, the back bet was unmatched even though i seen it match up.

So my question is how do i figure out if this bot was successful today?
ShaunWhite

I don't know how much experience you have but I'd be very careful using Practice Mode, you're likely to end up with a £299 bill to get your access restored.

Using Practice Mode Responsibly & Avoid Betfair Restrictions

Practice mode is primarily for practicing how to use the software, it's not intended to be a testing facility. That's probably why there aren't better facilities to look at practice mode results as it would be bad form for BA to encourage data use which Betfair considers to be inappropriate.
ShaunWhite

Also fyi practice mode won't let you see if your strategy was profitable, practice trades don't go through the Betfair matching algorithm so therefore won't accurately mirror what would have happened in a live environment.
Dallas

There are a few ways to view your P/L while in practice mode but as Shaun has alreay said it's not intended to be used for actual testing of a strategy
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:43 pm
There are a few ways to view your P/L while in practice mode but as Shaun has alreay said it's not intended to be used for actual testing of a strategy
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11349
I was going to post a link to that but I've got some excel stuff running and my copy/paste buffer keep getting filled with data when I try and copy a link (doing the bit I did was hard enough)
:D
captainbang

Thanks lads 👍

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”