Bet Angel - Backing Pre off or at BSP then hedge/green/red up in play

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:32 pm
Hi Dallas

Please find attached copy of the automation file I have created. It only places the back bet. Can you have a look at it please and tell me what needs amending to get it to work properly. Only if you have time of course. Or anyone reading this.

Many Thanks
I won't have the chance to check your file for a while so I've quickly put this together for you, I've not tested it so try in PM first but it should do what you want
gstar1975

Thanks for that Dallas I really appreciate your time spent on this.

I tried it out today and it worked. But not exactly but close enough. The only thing is I added a rule that greens all selections when the price hits 1.01 it stops the stop loss rules from triggering. Firstly I tried a rule place a lay bet at 1.01 with net stake as it goes in play and also the green all at 1.01 rule an they worked when it went to 1.01 but i noticed this stop the stop loss rules from triggering so i removed them and it worked again. There must be a conflict.

Is there somehow i can get around that or are they conflicting rules?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm

I tried it out today and it worked. But not exactly but close enough. The only thing is I added a rule that greens all selections when the price hits 1.01 it stops the stop loss rules from triggering. Firstly I tried a rule place a lay bet at 1.01 with net stake as it goes in play and also the green all at 1.01 rule an they worked when it went to 1.01 but i noticed this stop the stop loss rules from triggering so i removed them and it worked again. There must be a conflict.

On the close loss rules, there is a 'number of place bet triggers condition' is equal to 1

Change this on each of them to equal 2
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm

On the close loss rules, there is a 'number of place bet triggers condition' is equal to 1

Change this on each of them to equal 2
I've tried that but now the stop loss does not trigger.
gstar1975

Hi Dallas

The problem I forsee and one that Peter has noticed is that the liquidity in inplay markets are so that its hard to get out using a stop loss if you are backing, but what if I was to turn it around and do the opposite as its easier and more likely to get filled on a lay bet with a stop in play rather than a back bet with a stop in play/

If I wanted to do the opposite and lay the fav at BSP and then put stop loss at BSP divided by the number of horses under say 20.0.

So if say the fav BSP was 2.50 and there were 5 horses under 20 I would put the stop at 2.5-1 so 1.5 then divide by 5 = 0.3 +1 = 1.30 place stop at 1.30

How would I change the rules to suit this method?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:25 pm
Hi Dallas

The problem I forsee and one that Peter has noticed is that the liquidity in inplay markets are so that its hard to get out using a stop loss if you are backing, but what if I was to turn it around and do the opposite as its easier and more likely to get filled on a lay bet with a stop in play rather than a back bet with a stop in play/

If I wanted to do the opposite and lay the fav at BSP and then put stop loss at BSP divided by the number of horses under say 20.0.

So if say the fav BSP was 2.50 and there were 5 horses under 20 I would put the stop at 2.5-1 so 1.5 then divide by 5 = 0.3 +1 = 1.30 place stop at 1.30

How would I change the rules to suit this method?
You would need to do it all in excel to make those type of calculations

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”