Offset Bet . Stop Loss Conditions

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dipstick

All

Can anyone offer any advice / help here. I am a middling automation user and I am trying to fine tune some in play trading. I am using the Global Setting “offset bet with green and stop”. It plays out in 2 ways:
Scenario A – offset bet greens up. Happy Days
Scenario B – offset bet stops out (as planned) leaving me with an acceptable stop loss.
In Scenario A, I have no liability on the horse and would like it to fire again (when the conditions are met of course). But the problem is that I don’t want it to fire again in the case of scenario B – because I will be making my position worse with a second bet – especially if it is stopped out again - or worse, zooms through the stop loss.

How can I do this? I have used the Matched Bets Amounts condition but that is linked to the amount of the bet as opposed to the amount of the liability that I have on that particular horse. I can’t see any of the other conditions doing what I want (eg I already have an unmatched bet condition, for example). Can anyone help me here?
Thanks
mcgoo

I am sure the gurus will kick in here but I would try using:
Checkpoint Match Bets with
Conditions:
1. Green all/Close trade profit condition is >0
2. Number of Matched bets is greater (or equal to x [ in case number of bets vary etc] ) than 1
Dipstick

Thanks Mcgoo, I'll try the first one about close trade profit. Not sure the second one would work as I have set it up with offset batches and so wouldn't know what the count would be - but will keep that advice in my back pocket.

Thanks again
Dipstick
Dallas

I would follow mcgoo's advice and use a 'Close trade with greening rule' OR 'Green all selections' rule for in-play stop just because they can be set to trigger multiple time.

But for future reference, if you are using a regular global settings stop loss the reason for the extra liability when matched is because by default it uses the offset value as the stop bet.

In the latest Bet Angel V1.50.1 you can go into
settings > edit settings > staking
and change where you want the stop-loss calculating from
Dipstick

Thanks Dallas, Appreciated.

On the V1.50, is that still in beta or is it officially released now. As a Microsoft user I have a distrust of Beta versions....if you know what I mean !

Dipstick
Dallas

Dipstick wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 am
Thanks Dallas, Appreciated.

On the V1.50, is that still in beta or is it officially released now. As a Microsoft user I have a distrust of Beta versions....if you know what I mean !

Dipstick
It's in full release now
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
iangrant230

Hello, for somene that isnt too familiar with the bots could you explain to me how to set the stop loss?

I have it set up to back at a certain price and green for a certain percentage but then how do i set a stop loss for if the price drifts back out into a losing position?

Thanks
Dallas

iangrant230 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:25 pm
Hello, for somene that isnt too familiar with the bots could you explain to me how to set the stop loss?

I have it set up to back at a certain price and green for a certain percentage but then how do i set a stop loss for if the price drifts back out into a losing position?

Thanks
On your back bet rule on the parameters tab Where you have selected 'Offset bet with Greening' use 'Offset Bet with Greening and Stop' (or trailing Stop)

Or you can add a rule to stop you out at a monetary value, few examples of this below
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11407
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11954
iangrant230

Thanks Dallas, can you set the bot up so it has to take the back bet first? For example if i set up the bot to trigger to back at 2.5 and lay at 2 but the price steams it misses the back bet takes the lay price and continues on to win so you are then at a loss, can you stop that happening?
Jukebox

Yes you can. You need to set it as a fill or kill bet - remember to set the number of seconds that you hold the opening bet for before it is killed.
iangrant230

But if it is a back bet offset with greening it puts the green up bet in the market at the same time as the back bet so the fill or kill wont happen if it steams past the back and gets the green up first within a second or two will it?
Jukebox

I did read your question the first time.

Not if you do it as a fill or kill. Fill or Kill puts your opening bet out there and doesn't issue your offset bet until it is filled.
iangrant230

ah okay sorry just wanted to be clear, thanks for the help
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 am
I would follow mcgoo's advice and use a 'Close trade with greening rule' OR 'Green all selections' rule for in-play stop just because they can be set to trigger multiple time.

But for future reference, if you are using a regular global settings stop loss the reason for the extra liability when matched is because by default it uses the offset value as the stop bet.

What do those 3 options mean? in the settings for the stop loss?

I would like to place the stop (in my automation file) at a certain fixed amount say £10 but each tick will not be whole numbers as I am using liability stakes. So how can I place a stop when the figure is say -£10.13.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:30 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 am

What do those 3 options mean? in the settings for the stop loss?

I would like to place the stop (in my automation file) at a certain fixed amount say £10 but each tick will not be whole numbers as I am using liability stakes. So how can I place a stop when the figure is say -£10.13.
The 3 options are on where stop loss is calculated from, it used to always use the offset stake but if a large number of offset ticks or stop ticks where used then there would be a big imbalance in the green up if the stop was triggered and matched using the offset stake.
So the ability to specify where it's calculated from has now been added.

The regular stop loss can look at values, for that you would need to use a simple automation or servant rule as detailed in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”