This is a bit hit and miss

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ronniejotten

I have tried some of the shared automated files with very mixed results. I'm trying to find which ones are suited to which type of races. But i can't find any logical connections. Can anyone recommend anything please?
ShaunWhite

ronniejotten wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 pm
I have tried some of the shared automated files with very mixed results. I'm trying to find which ones are suited to which type of races. But i can't find any logical connections. Can anyone recommend anything please?
In-play or pre-play?

Try and envisage the types of scenario that occur in certain races, how you want to exploit it, and then find an appropriate bot.

These aren't recommendations but along the lines of:

2 or more horses vying for favouritism, perhaps >1 will trade below 2 and there'll be a close finish?
Long distances and soft ground, fav might drift early and then come back
Sprints, something will no doubt get a bad start.

Or pre-play:
High liquidity/low volatility...maybe a scalping bot would work?
Low liquidity eg dogs, think about a gap filler.

Bot's won't work on every market, think what each market might have to offer.
ronniejotten

Thanks, i prefer pre play for short distances and in play for longer races, but i'm happy to consider all ideas.
GaryCook

some people have just got lucky but most people that make it sports trading had an idea and then made a bot to do it. Rather than the other way around. That could be something you have found from testing various ideas or even inside knowledge. However after months I have not found anything and I am pretty much an expert in writing all sorts of different bots.

thats why i dont write here in the forums often as i dont want to be too much of a skeptic or a downer. ive been watching youtube and i can only find about 3 people that are making any money and they are cagey about how, for obvious reasons.

although, saying all that, thats with automation. i have seen quite a lot of people making money with the manual trading using betangel. so for me at least that is prob the way to go.
ShaunWhite

GaryCook wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:34 am
ive been watching youtube and i can only find about 3 people that are making any money and they are cagey about how, for obvious reasons.
Why would regular profitable people be on YouTube?
GaryCook

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:43 pm
GaryCook wrote:
ive been watching youtube and i can only find about 3 people that are making any money and they are cagey about how, for obvious reasons.
I would be. there is even more money in teaching people how to do it then there is in doing it. Same as affiliate marketing like that.
wearthefoxhat

GaryCook wrote:

although, saying all that, thats with automation. i have seen quite a lot of people making money with the manual trading using betangel. so for me at least that is prob the way to go.
Combining both could work well.

i.e; Get automation to enter a trade for you. For example, a directional bot that looks at historical odds movements. Then manually manage the trade by watching the market continue with the direction, or close out if the market moves against you. Repeat, rinse, repeat.

The decision of the type of market you use is your own personal preference. Use small stakes, and then scale up if you spot something that has a pattern/trend to it.

The Peter Webb you tube videos about dutching, got me into Bet Angel, the rest is history.
ShaunWhite

GaryCook wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:33 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
GaryCook wrote:
I would be. there is even more money in teaching people how to do it then there is in doing it. Same as affiliate marketing like that.
You might be, but teaching and engaging with the public is a pita and earns less if you're a good trader.

It's no different to any other job, but unless you're on the interweb bragging about it it seems you don't exist or have credibility with some people.
spreadbetting

GaryCook wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:33 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
GaryCook wrote:
I could easily show people how my dog bot works but I doubt it'd be able to support more than 3 people due to the liquidity, after I'd taught those other two my income from it would decrease drastically.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”