Speed - Automation vs Spreadsheet

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
RonObvious

OK thanks Dallas
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:35 pm
You will need to install the regular version of Bet Angel Pro if the VPS has been provided by anyone other than Bet Angel

The Server edition can only be used on VPS's supplied by Bet Angel, if you try to use it on a VPS supplied by another company or on a desktop PC you will get that error code 6.
That's interesting Dallas, how do the two versions differ. What trickery have you got on the BA vps box that others don't. How come it needs a different version?

I thought the server version was just a version that worked with Win2016 or 2012R2 rather than the usual desktop OS flavours.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

As a Bet Angel VPS is a known environment (e.g. performance, internet routing characteristics etc) the Server Edition has been tuned to suit.
That's why we don't let it run on unknown environment. For everything else, you just use the regular version of Professional.

BTW, with regard to betfair blocking ping tests. Last time I tried, you can test the ping to them if you use a tool called psping and specify port 443
cmuddle

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:41 pm
As a Bet Angel VPS is a known environment (e.g. performance, internet routing characteristics etc) the Server Edition has been tuned to suit.
That's why we don't let it run on unknown environment. For everything else, you just use the regular version of Professional.

BTW, with regard to betfair blocking ping tests. Last time I tried, you can test the ping to them if you use a tool called psping and specify port 443
What is the advantage of using BA Server Edition on BA VPS rather than normal version of BA on a different VPS?

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”