Difference between row 1 (betfair order) and position 1 (favourtism)?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jongup

What is the difference?
Jukebox

Its quite a basic one

The selection in Row 1 Betfair order is the one that betfair put there.
The selection in Position 1 by order of favouritism is the one with the shortest odds at the moment.

If Millwall get to play Chelsea at the Den - Millwall will be in row 1 match odds - but I suspect they won't be the favourite. In the same match 0-0 will be in row 1 fo the correct score market - but its unlikely to be the favourite score.

In dog racing the dog in trap 1 is given row 1 - that doesn't make it the favourite.
jongup

Thanks alot, that makes sense. I'm only just getting to grips with guardian and wanted to place conditions on a horse which at first is a favourite but then becomes a second or third favourite (but isn't in row 1) yet can't seem to find anything in the dropdown menu which ensures this?
Dallas

jongup wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:08 am
Thanks alot, that makes sense. I'm only just getting to grips with guardian and wanted to place conditions on a horse which at first is a favourite but then becomes a second or third favourite (but isn't in row 1) yet can't seem to find anything in the dropdown menu which ensures this?
Have a look at this automation file which backs the fav then greens up if its no longer the fav
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11715
jongup

thanks so much, will take a look now!
Jukebox

Good luck with it and have fun - Dallas has pointed out he has created some clever files that exploit some of the complex abilities of Bet Angel - not only can BA distinguish between Betfair row order and favoritism order at any given moment - but can it also freeze (fix) the order for you at a given moment so you can create strategies such as the one you are looking to do.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”