how can i delay bet being placed once conditions in rule file have been met?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
SmashiT

Hi,

Is it possible to delay bets being placed by guardian automation once the conditions in my rule have been met?

for example, in horse racing, I have a rule that attempts to back the first favourite horse in play to win with the following conditions:
- back <1.20 favourite 1
- back 5.00> favourite 2

However, i have noticed that sometimes the odds can shift drastically if its a close race, especially in the last few seconds, so I want to know if I can add a DELAY after my rule is triggered so that bets are NOT placed straight away.
Ideally i want the following to occur:

for example, if we say have a race of 8 horses and there are two horses that are near the finish line and are neck and neck, lets call the two horses Apple and Orange.

If Apple is trading at <1.20 and orange is trading at 5.00>, I have noticed that as soon as my rule triggers the bets to be placed, the odds can drastically change in those last few seconds and then i would have a situation where Apple has DRIFTED to odds of 50.00 and Orange has shortened to the odds of 1.04 before Orange actually wins the race.

In order to prevent this scenario from happening, I want to know if i can somehow set a condition, a signal or something else, that would DELAY my rule from triggering once conditions are met by say 1 - 3 seconds. If there is a way to do this then I am hoping that instead of placing a back bet for Apple, that my rule would place a back bet on Orange after the 3 second delay because Orange would now fit the requirements instead of Apple in my three second delay.

I would appreciate any assistance that you guys can give. I hope that I was able to explain this without causing confusions.
Dallas

Yes it can be done using Signals, basically setting a signal when your price conditions are met (instead of placing a back bet).

Then add a 'Signal changed condition' to you bet rule to test it was 'X' seconds since the signal was set

There is an example of this in the following tennis file which sets a signal when a score is reached then triggers the bet 5 secs later
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11962
SmashiT

Thank you so much for responding ! Could you give a breakdown on how to select these two signals and use them? I am still finding it confusing. I would greatly appreciate it !
Dallas

SmashiT wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 am
Thank you so much for responding ! Could you give a breakdown on how to select these two signals and use them? I am still finding it confusing. I would greatly appreciate it !
If you change the current rule type you have with the two conditions below from a 'Place a back bet' rule to a 'Set/Modify' signal rule type

for example, in horse racing, I have a rule that attempts to back the first favourite horse in play to win with the following conditions:
- back <1.20 favourite 1
- back 5.00> favourite 2

And on the signal tab set a signal (name it delay for ease of use)

Then duplicate that whole rule by highlighting it and clicking the icon with two green arrows
Now change the rule type of the 2nd rule back to 'Place back bet' rule
and on the conditions tab add a 'Signal changed condition'
Signal named 'delay' (or whatever you called it)
Changed between 5 and 6 secs ago (assuming you want this back bet to trigger 5 secs after the initial conditions and signal was set)

If you still want the prices of the fav and 2nd fav to be true leave these conditions in, if not then you can take them out

Finally on the signal tab of this back bet rule just edit it so its no longer placing a signal (as it was copied from the signal rule this part is not needed when the back bet triggers)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”