No Clear Favorite

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Bigd85

Hi

I’m trying to create an automation that will only trade on a horse race where there is no clear favourite.

Is there a way of using signals to watch a pre-race for five minutes and then in the final 30 seconds place a bet if it can see that there is no clear favorite?

Thank you

Dan
Dallas

It can be done without signals, if you just want to check its a clear fav in final 30 secs by using a relative odds condition

You would only need signals if you wanted to do something like text the gap has existed for a period of time
Bigd85

Thank you Dallas

Something like

The favourites back price is less than the back price of the second favorite minus 5 ticks

And

The favourites back price is less than the back price of the third favorite minus 10 ticks.

Thank you
Dallas

Bigd85 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:13 pm
Thank you Dallas

Something like

The favourites back price is less than the back price of the second favorite minus 5 ticks

And

The favourites back price is less than the back price of the third favorite minus 10 ticks.

Thank you
Yes that's possible by adding 2 X Relative odds condition to your rule, below is how the first of these would be set up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigd85

Thanks Dallas

Thankfully that is exactly how I set it up.

Just having a practice with it to see how it works out for me.

Thanks again

Dan
Bigd85

had a bit of a play around lunchtime to try and get the system to lay the field at different point but only if there are more than 6 horses running and less than 14 horses running.

i want it to only lay if there is no clear favorite so wanted there to be no more than 5 ticks between the favorite and second favorite.

i have had a bit of a tweak over the practice session and tried again after work but there seems to be an issue with the backing if there is no clear favorite as I just had one race where there was a favorite at around 1.6 and the second was around 5.

i think this is due to me using a lay the field and not an individual horse so it only runs on conditions but not a condition on a favorite horse.

any ideas guys

thanks
Lay the field - 5 lays.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”