Tennis Automation - Help Please !

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Tadz

Hi Guys,
I'm getting bogged down with attached file, would appreciate any help or advice please.
Originally I tried offset bets (with Fill&Kill armed), but without success. Moved on to signals, thought I'd cracked it but alas no, and I'm now stumbling!

Requirements:-
1. Fav price at match start to be 1.32 or higher
2. Volume matched on market to be min of £30,000
3. Place £5 Lay Bet at 1.10.
4. Place £10 Lay bet at 1.05.
5. When (3) above is matched place £5 Back bet at1.2
6. When (4) above is matched place £10 Back bet at 1.1
Green up after £5 matched at 1.2, irrespective of (4) & (6) being matched.

Above bets can be on any selection.

Ideal situation
£5 Lay at 1.1 is matched / £10 Lay at 1.05 is matched / price bounces back / £10 Back at 1.1 is matched / £5 Back at 1.2 is matched / Green up.
If 1.2 is reached without £10 Lay/£10 Back being matched, green up and cancel o/s unmatched bet(s).

Problems:-
I've allocated the bets to the fav, and it seems to perform all stages okay. However, if the order of favs changes at any point it won't switch and place similar bets on the new fav. Do I need duplicate rules on both selections, or is there an easier way?
It would be nice to be able to reset and repeat procedure after a succesful run.

All thoughts/advice gratefully accepted.
Tennis Dbl Lay.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

Perhaps the fix selections rule is what you require
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tadz

Hi Eightbo,
Thanks for your post. I can see the benefit of the 'Fix Selections' , but in this instance I need to somehow be flexible in the opposite direction.
If an initial lay bet is fired into the market, but unmatched, and the market swung the other way and the underdog became the new favourite, I would like to perform the process also on this 'new favourite', but I can't figure how to do it.
It currently seems I get one shot at the first fav that comes along, if it changes I've no more ammo !
Does that make sense ?
Maybe I can duplicate everything as there's only 2 selections, then if/when the trade is succesful, the green up will mop up any unmatched bets.
I just feel I'm missing something easier !!
Thanks again.
Dallas

If I understand it correctly then you could just place the two bets on each selection at the start of the match (subject to the fav being >1.32)

So you would need 4 lay bet rules (2 lays on row 1 and 2 lays on row 2)
each using global settings with offset bet (@ the required number of ticks)
using fill/kill with 99999 secs so that the offsets are not placed till the opening bet is matched

Set/modify signal rule on selection when selections back price is <1.10 for each row (ie, it'll set when £5 lay is matched)

You'll then need a close trade on selection with greening rule for each row
with a signal set condition to test for the above signal
and a fixed odds condition to test back price >1.20 (ie the offsets been matched)

You can then loop it by adding a checkpoint matched bets rule (for each row)
it'll need an unmatched bets condition is = 0
time, since fill/kill bet condition on selection, is greater than 10 secs (so the green up at 1.20 has reached the market and been matched)
also on the signal tab of this checkpoint rule clear the signals of the earlier rules

If doing that You'll also have to add an unmatched bets condition = 0 to your lay bets

I think that should do what you require
Tadz

This is fantastic, thank you Dallas.

My original attempt with offset went wrong because I'd kept the fill&kill time low (0.5), and had the rule triggering loads of times....doh!! You know that feeling you get when you know something's not right !!

Some lovely touches here Dallas, I would never have thought of setting fixed odds conditions with a greater or lower prefix to set a signal....excellent. I'm learning all the time.

I've initially set it up without a loop to make sure I've got the basics working.
But thinking on, perhaps I may be expecting too much, within the match scenario, for it to be a succesful trade repeatidly. If it works once, take the money and run may be the order of the day. Time will tell.

Many thank once again Dallas, very much appreciate your skills, and time given.
Tadz

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 am

time, since fill/kill bet condition on selection, is greater than 10 secs (so the green up at 1.20 has reached the market and been matched)
also on the signal tab of this checkpoint rule clear the signals of the earlier rules

If doing that You'll also have to add an unmatched bets condition = 0 to your lay bets

Dallas,
All is going good with this one.
Can you clarify your 3rd line above, 'time', do I have to address the fill/kill condition ?
Also, when using a checkpoint, do I need to increase the number of triggers in each rule, or is 1 sufficient as the checkpoint cancels out matched bets ?
Dallas

Tadz wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 am

Dallas,
All is going good with this one.
Can you clarify your 3rd line above, 'time', do I have to address the fill/kill condition ?
Also, when using a checkpoint, do I need to increase the number of triggers in each rule, or is 1 sufficient as the checkpoint cancels out matched bets ?
Glad to hear its all working as intended for you :)

When offsetting in-play because of the delay rules using matched/unmatched conds etc can be tricked into triggering, so by using a time since fill/kill condition is greater than 10secs your basically say don't trigger until there has been 10 seconds since there was an active fill/kill bet (opening bet) in the market.
By which time any offset bet will have got past the in-play delay and be in the market so any matched/unmatched conditions can react to it.

It sort of acts like a pause button in this situation.

Yes you will need to increase the triggers, the checkpoint only resets the number of matched bets and not the number of triggers
Tadz

Great Stuff, I wasn't aware of the Fill/Kill time condition, now it makes sense.
The possibilities and flexibility of the automation is stunning.
Thanks again.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”