Do Withdrawn Selections Affect Row Index?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
eightbo

e.g. If I store values for Row Index 1-10
...then Row Index #5 gets withdrawn after this

are 4/6/7/8/9/10 unaffected or does everything above 5 get shifted down one?

Cheers
jimibt

If you mean Saddle Cloth number, then no. this number is static. if you go onto Timeform, you'll see the entries blanked out where they have been withdrawn (likewise, you'll see the saddle cloth gaps in the sequential ordering in BA if you order by saddle cloth no on the one-click screen)
eightbo

I mean Row Index.
I've no idea if Row Index = "saddle cloth number" on bf's end so this still needs answering if anyone knows.
Dr Ginhog

It looks like ROW index is Betfair Card ordered numerically 1,2... etc from Top to Bottom Lowest to largest numbers. If a runner is wiped
from the card any runner below it has its original row index reduced by 1 and so on for any new non runner.
The question raises an issue which I encountered recently where my BAf was conditional on Selections >5. A race had originally 6 Selections but had a late non runner but the BAF applied the bet on the basis of the original 6 runners. This sort of thing happens also when you do each way or placed bets and you get the place terms based on original selections. I was wondering is this way of settling dependent in any way on the time of withdrawal ie before or after a noon declaration time?
I am only mildly curious as I resolved the issue in my baf by having 12 signal only rule files for each row from 1-12 starting 1 sec Inplay
having a condition fixed price greater than 1.01 and applying an incremented MARKET signal (named "Runners") . When the signal
increments to 6 or more the condition Signal value of the MARKET SIGNAL is greater than 5" is met and so the actual runners are counted
for my runners criteria.
I am only using 12 rule files to cater for many non runners so that I could have 6 non runners in a 12 runner field and still qualify once 6 is reached. If the betting is PrePlay then the timing is trickier. What timing Pre off do you use? You could still have a non runner after any pre off time you nominate.Anybody got any ideas on that one?? 30 secs after inpaly start time ? 60 secs? Any other solutions out there.
Grindhog

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”